Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I’m sorry boys but I’m out……..

Started by afhunter1, May 15, 2024, 07:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afhunter1

Out of tags!!!   ( not really but sounds fun )

He's a good one boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Heck yeah man....
This is great news for the team.

afhunter1

Need to take pics and stuff yet but he's gonna be just shy of 70

22# 11oz 1 1/4" and 1 5/16" spurs and 10.5" beard

FullChoke

:jackson:  :jackson:  :jackson:  :jackson:  :jackson:  :jackson:  :jackson:

Brotherman, you really had me going with that subject line! First off CONGRATULATIONS on a pterodactyl monster of a bird!

Secondly, this feathered pile of manhood could very easily represent our ascension to the top of the heap this year. I ask that you take careful, accurate and clear scoring photos of the dearly departed so that we can get undisputable proof of his total numbers and cinch this contest.

Again, congratulations on this old boy and we can't wait to hear how you fooled him.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Roost 1

Congrats bud that's a great bird.

cannonball

Congrats! That should put us over 599, you might have just sealed us the win!

afhunter1

Proofs are posted.  I have more pics if you think i need to change any.  Final official score:

This may be my biggest bird ever!

zelmo1

Woohoo, that might do it  :turkey2: Awesome job bro.  Z

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

afhunter1

This hunt started yesterday, I went out to where I normally hunt and didn't hear a single bird anywhere so I decided to go hunt a place I've killed a few birds in the past but I drive by this place often and haven't seen any turkeys hanging out in the fields so my expectations were low.  I got out on this ridge and hit my box call and one cut me off 350yds away.  He came in quick to 100yds but wouldn't cross the open field between us.  Then a thundershower hit and he shut off and never fired back up. 

Today I went straight there and walking in I heard a bird hammering on roost in another direction but I passed him up and went back to this ridge.  When I got there I stepped into a field and there was a bird 100yds away looking at me.  I froze and hit him with my trumpet and he gobbled but he was just a jake.  I was messing with the jake making him gobble and calling him in when I heard an adult bird fire off about 350 yds away.  He came in quick to 100yds again but he turned and left.  He was gobbling as he was walking away so I ran up to where he was hung up, switched calls from my trumpet to my Cody slate and hit him with some excited cutting and yelping.  He turned around and came running in to 20 yds and blew up in full strut.  I had to watch him strut for few seconds before he stuck his head up giving me a shot.  He played his part and put on a great show.  I am on cloud 9,  I have been hunting hard everyday and just not getting anything to play the game but persistence finally paid off.

callaway71

Tom007

Congrats team, that puts you guys in a "Hard to beat" position. Nice job!
"Solo hunter"

afhunter1

Thanks everybody!  Last "proof" pic I need to post. lol

That TSS hit him so hard he just fell and rolled over.   Didn't even flop. 

paintbrush

Great bird! Congrats and way to stick with it!

BBR12

Congratulations on a dandy bird.