Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Polished the barrel on my 935 last night...

Started by JUGHEAD, July 20, 2011, 01:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUGHEAD

wasn't that bad of a process at all after getting all the small details worked out.  Followed VAHUNTER's process to a tee and my barrel is shining like a new penny!  Can't wait to FINALLY burn some powder through this thing now....I've owned it for almost 3 months now and STILL haven't shot it yet.

dirt road ninja

I would like to hear about how it shoots. How long did it take you?

rtsj

I just did my BPS and my sons Super Bantam and they took about an hour fifteen to hour half each. They look smooth as glass though. Can't wait to shoot them as well! :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: JUGHEAD on July 20, 2011, 01:40:17 PM
wasn't that bad of a process at all after getting all the small details worked out.  Followed VAHUNTER's process to a tee and my barrel is shining like a new penny!  Can't wait to FINALLY burn some powder through this thing now....I've owned it for almost 3 months now and STILL haven't shot it yet.

Just so you know there is no collector value in the 935, so you might as well go out in this 90 degree heat and show us some patterns.  We will stay inside where it is cool.   :lol:

JUGHEAD

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on July 20, 2011, 03:27:17 PMJust so you know there is no collector value in the 935, so you might as well go out in this 90 degree heat and show us some patterns.  We will stay inside where it is cool.   :lol:
Understood.  ;D

Oh, and I plan to shoot it some VERY soon.  Gonna do some shooting early in the morning before work so it won't be too awful hot....either that or early on a Saturday morning.

JUGHEAD

Quote from: dirt road ninja on July 20, 2011, 02:20:19 PMHow long did it take you?
I would say it took me about 2 hours overall.  That included a few trial and error rounds of getting just the right amount of Scotch-brite on the brush, having to cut off a small 3rd section of cleaning rod so I didn't have so much length of rod chucked in my drill, spinning my modified choke out of the barrel right off the bat (wasn't locked down tight) and having to clean the bore cleaner out of the threads before putting the choke back in and starting over, etc.  As is the case with any process like this, there will be a few headaches to begin with, but once you get the little details worked out, there's nothing to it.

Todd1700

I'll be interested to see what it will do as well. Do you know what shells you are going to try out?

JUGHEAD

Quote from: Todd1700 on July 21, 2011, 08:45:24 AM
I'll be interested to see what it will do as well. Do you know what shells you are going to try out?
3.5" Hevi #7's or Mag blends.  I'll only choose the 7's if I CAN'T get the Mag blends to shoot in the 230-250 range at 40.

n2deer

I would think you should get in the 230s and up with them.