Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who is still hunting?

Started by Zobo, May 13, 2024, 02:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Any Longbeards still hunting besides me?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

squidd

I'm out - will trout fish in TN but no hunting planned.

Next up are gators if I get tags?

Zobo

Quote from: squidd on May 13, 2024, 03:31:37 PMI'm out - will trout fish in TN but no hunting planned.

Next up are gators if I get tags?

Wow, gator hunting! Or is it fishing? In any event, pretty exciting

Tclipse01

Got it done in WV, heading out later this week to close out the season in VA. Then it's off to NC beaches for some inshore and surf fishing  8)

ruination

About week left in the season, weather isn't looking great, and I have very little time on the ground here in Maryland lately.  1-3 hunts left I would say.

Ya never know though.
.410 Favors the Bold

Jwall

I plan on giving it one more go in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squidd

Zobo

Quote from: squidd on May 18, 2024, 06:09:05 PMGood luck!

Yes, good luck! Idk what happened to half our team? Haven't heard from at least 6 of our members. I really think we've done well for a newbie team at half strength! Nice going lads!

squidd

Maybe they just got busy or no birds?

It will be gator hunting next along with a lot of fishing; ended up getting tags with my last choice on the tag drawing.

ruination

Quote from: Zobo on May 18, 2024, 09:36:50 PM
Quote from: squidd on May 18, 2024, 06:09:05 PMGood luck!

Yes, good luck! Idk what happened to half our team? Haven't heard from at least 6 of our members. I really think we've done well for a newbie team at half strength! Nice going lads!

They must've been uninspired by the vanilla name. 

One last hunt before work tomorrow to close it out.  My hopes are not high but I can't let the last hunt off the season be sitting in a blind.
.410 Favors the Bold

ruination

I lied, couldn't break the news to my (pregnant) wife so decided I've probably hunted enough during the week.

Good luck to anyone going strong, sadly I think my season is over.
.410 Favors the Bold

Zobo

Went out yesterday and almost got caught in a thunderstorm, I just made it back in time before getting soaked.
     Thank God because I had some calls on me  that wouldn't have weathered the storm well. And, the plastic bag I carry to protect calls in rain was filled with these edible mushrooms I found while hunting.
     Of course I wound have dumped them if I had to, but everything timed out ok. Will try tomorrow for an upgrade gobbler.  hopefully the ants aren't too bad!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: Zobo on May 24, 2024, 11:00:26 AMWent out yesterday and almost got caught in a thunderstorm, I just made it back in time before getting soaked.
     Thank God because I had some calls on me  that wouldn't have weathered the storm well. And, the plastic bag I carry to protect calls in rain was filled with these edible mushrooms I found while hunting.
     Of course I wound have dumped them if I had to, but everything timed out ok. Will try tomorrow for an upgrade gobbler.  hopefully the ants aren't too bad!

Pic didn't post first time

squidd

Zobo