OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No season

Started by Sir-diealot, May 01, 2024, 01:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Thanks guys. She had the surgery yesterday, basically the same break as the last time on the other hip and the same surgical procedure. I still have not been able to see her though as I can't find a ride which I am unhappy about. I think she is trying to catch up with me in the broken bones and surgeries list.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

OJR

Hang in there Steve. They say "It's always darkest before the dawn". We'll keep praying for you here in Alabama.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: OJR on June 03, 2024, 04:27:09 PMHang in there Steve. They say "It's always darkest before the dawn". We'll keep praying for you here in Alabama.
Thanks bud. I am to the point that I think it would be better that God take her home so she does not have to suffer anymore. She does not even know where she is quite often anymore and I hate seeing how scared she is. She is and has always been such a wonderfully intelligent woman which is what attracted me to her in the first place and all of that is beginning to leave her rapidly and the worst part is that she is often aware that she is slipping away. She thought she was in my apartment the last couple of days and she has been in the hospital half and hour away roughly. I wish it were me feeling all that she is feeling so she did not have to. I hate this for her. I am just grateful she accepted Christ and will not have to suffer in the hereafter.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

High plains drifter

That is a huge bummer to be sure, but there will be other seasons.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: High plains drifter on June 04, 2024, 03:00:28 PMThat is a huge bummer to be sure, but there will be other seasons.
Thanks bud, at this time I could truly care less about the season though, hope that does not come off jerkish, not intended to. I just want things to go well for her. I was able to be there yesterday, have to go today but have had no sleep at all. They are going to transfer her to where she was before when she broke the first hip in February, I hope she gets a roommate that is as good as that one was. I don't think she should be transferred yet but they are passing the buck because her Ins. is not very good (if you live in NY do not get Humana, nobody wants to take them as they are known for not paying their bills, seems they are better in the South for whatever reason) her ins. has been a problem since Sept. when she had the brain aneurysm bleed and I think it has led to the falls. I have tried to get her to change it but she won't or says she will then flipflops.  Continued prayers for her please.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

SO just to update ya'll she just started to be able to walk using a walker with a person spotting her on Monday. Last week I was in the hospital, I went to visit her and was not feeling right and had them take my blood pressure and it was 200 over 118 so they called an ambulance and I was taken to the big hospital in this area Strong Memorial. They checked my heart in the ambulance and thought I was having a heart attack because of the rythm. I have always had a very odd heart rythm so I was not worried above that at all but they also thought I was having a stroke and since this is not the first time and that did worry me. Oddly not for me though I just did not want her to go through losing another man as she has been through that before twice, I was very at peace with the thought of dying, I know where I am going when I die. So anyway at the hospital the stroke like symptoms got worse, my speech was slurred, my left side was not working right and I felt like somebody had smacked me hard on the left side of the face. SO they determined I was not having a heart attack and that I was not having a stoke, they said they think I was having what is called a "Migraine aura without pain" which is a new one on me. They said I also have water on the brain which I already knew from other things but it seems to have increased from the other records they have on file and I have to go have a MRI on the 29th to see if there are any other problems the CT scan did not find. They are also concerned as there is a history of brain problems in my family. I could have told them that without the exams, we are all nuts! So now to wait and see how that goes. Hopefully she will be home soon, PT seems to think about 3-4 more weeks, she thinks she can come home any time. I wish she were right but that is just not reality no matter how much we both wish it were. SO please continued prayers for her if you would Thank you much.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 10, 2024, 11:20:54 PMSO just to update ya'll she just started to be able to walk using a walker with a person spotting her on Monday. Last week I was in the hospital, I went to visit her and was not feeling right and had them take my blood pressure and it was 200 over 118 so they called an ambulance and I was taken to the big hospital in this area Strong Memorial. They checked my heart in the ambulance and thought I was having a heart attack because of the rythm. I have always had a very odd heart rythm so I was not worried above that at all but they also thought I was having a stroke and since this is not the first time and that did worry me. Oddly not for me though I just did not want her to go through losing another man as she has been through that before twice, I was very at peace with the thought of dying, I know where I am going when I die. So anyway at the hospital the stroke like symptoms got worse, my speech was slurred, my left side was not working right and I felt like somebody had smacked me hard on the left side of the face. SO they determined I was not having a heart attack and that I was not having a stoke, they said they think I was having what is called a "Migraine aura without pain" which is a new one on me. They said I also have water on the brain which I already knew from other things but it seems to have increased from the other records they have on file and I have to go have a MRI on the 29th to see if there are any other problems the CT scan did not find. They are also concerned as there is a history of brain problems in my family. I could have told them that without the exams, we are all nuts! So now to wait and see how that goes. Hopefully she will be home soon, PT seems to think about 3-4 more weeks, she thinks she can come home any time. I wish she were right but that is just not reality no matter how much we both wish it were. SO please continued prayers for her if you would Thank you much.

Praying for you both brother. Get well soon, we are all pulling for you both.

Manager8

Praying for you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wim-dog

Hang in there!  Wishing the best for both of you.

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

SwampRooster17

Praying for yall!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SwampRooster17 on July 12, 2024, 02:20:59 PMPraying for yall!!!

Thank you.

John Koenig:

mookyj

Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mookyj on July 16, 2024, 10:35:07 PMIn our prayers
Just seeing this, thank you much. Looks like the Ins. company is going to throw her out even though the doctors and physical therapists say she needs two more weeks, I made two appeals and the denied both. Them turning her out after the first hip break to soon is what led to her breaking the second hip in the first place. Never get Humana insurance, they are garbage in my personal opinion and most places here don't even want to take them because they said they have a reputation of not paying their bills.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Well she is finally home, I want to thank all whom have prayed for her and ask you to continue to do so. She has not physical therapy now that she is home as the insurance company won't pay for it and we do not think we can. The only good thing is with all my accidents and injuries I do know a little bit about how to help her, so that is one of those blessings in disguise you are angry at God for when it happens and then realize there was a reason. Please say a prayer for me as well in helping her, all this rain and humidity is making me hurt real bad and I need to be able to help her. Give me three feet of snow any day of the week over this junk.

John Koenig: