turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No season

Started by Sir-diealot, May 01, 2024, 01:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Thanks guys. She had the surgery yesterday, basically the same break as the last time on the other hip and the same surgical procedure. I still have not been able to see her though as I can't find a ride which I am unhappy about. I think she is trying to catch up with me in the broken bones and surgeries list.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

OJR

Hang in there Steve. They say "It's always darkest before the dawn". We'll keep praying for you here in Alabama.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: OJR on June 03, 2024, 04:27:09 PMHang in there Steve. They say "It's always darkest before the dawn". We'll keep praying for you here in Alabama.
Thanks bud. I am to the point that I think it would be better that God take her home so she does not have to suffer anymore. She does not even know where she is quite often anymore and I hate seeing how scared she is. She is and has always been such a wonderfully intelligent woman which is what attracted me to her in the first place and all of that is beginning to leave her rapidly and the worst part is that she is often aware that she is slipping away. She thought she was in my apartment the last couple of days and she has been in the hospital half and hour away roughly. I wish it were me feeling all that she is feeling so she did not have to. I hate this for her. I am just grateful she accepted Christ and will not have to suffer in the hereafter.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

High plains drifter

That is a huge bummer to be sure, but there will be other seasons.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: High plains drifter on June 04, 2024, 03:00:28 PMThat is a huge bummer to be sure, but there will be other seasons.
Thanks bud, at this time I could truly care less about the season though, hope that does not come off jerkish, not intended to. I just want things to go well for her. I was able to be there yesterday, have to go today but have had no sleep at all. They are going to transfer her to where she was before when she broke the first hip in February, I hope she gets a roommate that is as good as that one was. I don't think she should be transferred yet but they are passing the buck because her Ins. is not very good (if you live in NY do not get Humana, nobody wants to take them as they are known for not paying their bills, seems they are better in the South for whatever reason) her ins. has been a problem since Sept. when she had the brain aneurysm bleed and I think it has led to the falls. I have tried to get her to change it but she won't or says she will then flipflops.  Continued prayers for her please.

John Koenig: