OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buice Trumpet Values?

Started by ssramage, March 28, 2024, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

Been out of the game for a bit. I have a couple of Buices that I may consider parting with but not sure on what current market for them would be. I've got a few I'll never part with and a few that I bought on a whim that aren't getting used and aren't as sentimental to me.

There might be others but the couple I'm thinking of are:

Rosewood 5.5"
Macassar Ebony 6"

Thoughts on value?

coryo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Probably 700+ depending condition, and mouthpiece  type.

ssramage

Quote from: turkey stew on March 28, 2024, 11:26:14 AM

$700 each? Or are you saying for both?

runngun

EACH maybe a little bit more.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

turkey stew

Quote from: ssramage on March 28, 2024, 11:42:02 AM

$700 each? Or are you saying for both?
Each!

Yoder409

Yep.

Going rate is $700 - $850
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ssramage

Thanks guys. I've had a ton of messages on these. I'm still deciding if I want to part with them, but am leaning towards keeping them. Sounds like the market is hotter than it used to be when I bought them and I don't know if I'd ever be able to replace them if I parted with them.

Thanks for the help!

turkey stew

Quote from: ssramage on March 29, 2024, 10:10:53 AM
Thanks guys. I've had a ton of messages on these. I'm still deciding if I want to part with them, but am leaning towards keeping them. Sounds like the market is hotter than it used to be when I bought them and I don't know if I'd ever be able to replace them if I parted with them.

Thanks for the help!
I can't blame you! Mr. Buice is pretty much retired making calls for the general public. He only makes a few for friends and call makers. I can't blame him. He deserves to take it easy after all these years!

gaswamp

Quote from: ssramage on March 29, 2024, 10:10:53 AM

Thanks for the help!

I'd keep them unless you never plan on using them.  Wish I had bought one from him some years ago

Ctate94

goblr77

Shoulda held on to mine I guess.

nitro

I hope you are correct. I have a pile of them for my kids to inherit. When I'm gone,they can do what they will.

Billy is a great friend and for me , that has much more value than mere money.
Royal Slam 2008

runngun

Quote from: nitro on April 16, 2024, 06:18:22 PM
I hope you are correct. I have a pile of them for my kids to inherit. When I'm gone,they can do what they will.

Yes Sir!!! And the man himself is like his calls, can't and won't NEVER BE REPLACED!!!
And when you are lucky enough to have a friend like that, consider yourself mighty blessed!!!! Have a good one and May God bless y'all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: nitro on April 16, 2024, 06:18:22 PMI hope you are correct. I have a pile of them for my kids to inherit. When I'm gone,they can do what they will.

I agree...I couldn't see selling any of mine&im glad i bought several calls from him through the years..Not only did i gain nice calls,but a good friend..