turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Most sought after trumpets?

Started by Jakeman, March 28, 2024, 07:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakeman

If you had to say who built/builds the most sought after trumpets?

Ctate94

Turpin, farmer, hegler, cox, buice, hornstra, Prudhomme some names that just that come to mind.

Clovis67

Rev. Farmer's units are a rarity .... Mr. Cox is always in high demand....

Daryl

aclawrence

I know Prudhommes are popular. I don't think he makes very many and they're expensive. I was able to get one from Unicoi. It's a nice trumpet. I'm not sure it was worth what I paid for it. The finish isn't perfect. I'm not a collector though.  I carried it every time I hunted last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boykin Hollow

Buice and Hamon also. And let's not forget Dangerfield

gobblers roost

KP should make the list! And seth hamon.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Good playing but obviously supply and demand! Plenty of awesome playing horns made by many call makers that are readily available.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

runngun

Absolutely KP has to be on the list!!! Right there with all of the other great ones!!! He's a great fellow as well!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gobbler428

Might want to consider Ralph Permar and Anthony Ellis, two great call makers and mighty fine gentlemen as well.

Yoder409

Current builders ??

Buice
Permar
Prudhomme
Lumma
Hamon
Pedelahore
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ChesterCopperpot

Farmer (to me that's the biggie unless you're going historical), Hegler (another biggie), Buice, Cox, Hornstra, Prudhomme, Pedelahore, Permar, Trotter, Whedon. Honestly surprised Permar wasn't mentioned more here, and that Trotter and Whedon weren't mentioned at all. All of those have collectability and are sound investments. Of the younger callmakers taking the reins, I consider Anthony Ellis' calls chief among them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Frank Hegler..

Mike Lapp...

Austy Bott...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome