turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Lady Lynch Delux call

Started by KRW, March 24, 2024, 09:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRW

Still trying to replace Lynch Fool Proof I broke 2 yrs ago. Bought Lynch Lady Deluxe. Call is squeeky, like not enough friction between lid and bx. Sanded lid with 120grit emory cloth. Seemed help little. Do I just keep going courser with sandpaper till it sounds good to Me?  Aint gonna carry it like it sounds now. Have also tried 2 different kinds chalk. Any advice??  Thks

packmule

Be careful with the sandpaper. If you send me a pm I have some info that may help. When does your season start?

Spring Creek Calls

I would recommend you get with one of the following and get yourself a custom one sider. They are reasonably priced.

Jeff White
Josh Farley
Lee Smith - Frozen Crow
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

runngun

I would clean the paddle with alcohol and once dry, won't take long to dry then hit it with green scotchbrite and re-chalk. I have some calls that I like blue chalk but some I use other colors. Such as white and brown. Make sure it is wax free chalk.
Sounds to me like is you have a chalk issue. I  have had this problem with some calls.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ColemantownHC

Quote from: runngun on March 25, 2024, 09:42:30 PM
I would clean the paddle with alcohol and once dry, won't take long to dry then hit it with green scotchbrite and re-chalk. I have some calls that I like blue chalk but some I use other colors. Such as white and brown. Make sure it is wax free chalk.
Sounds to me like is you have a chalk issue. I  have had this problem with some calls.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

What he said. Stay away from the sandpaper, use emory cloth or scotch brite only. You'll sand flat spots into the paddle and ruin the profile. Scotch brite away the current chalk, wipe down, reapply a good chalk, blow off the excess and run it for a little while to work it in. I personally do not like the white chalk. I've had good success with Lynch brown chalk, Primos red chalk, and lately I've been using the Houndstooth blue chalk. I like the fat round sticks because i can cut it in half and it fits perfectly in a prescription pill bottle. Less is more, the old timer call makers have always said the best box calls will run with nearly no chalk at all.