Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which pistol is your choice for concealed carry?

Started by sugarray, July 14, 2011, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

After seeing that awesome looking Kimber, I wanted to see what your preferences are for concealed carry.

I would use the pistol for "home defense", would be first go to if needed, probably.  Mainly for carry with me when hunting, especially b/c I spend so much time out in the dark, early spring with mama bears out with cubs.   And for some shooting, but a .22 is not an option.  This will be my first pistol and I have no time frame for purchase.

Hognutz

Good thread, Ray. I am looking forward to seeing what people prefer. I have a handful of pistols that will suffice, but I am open to any and all suggestions..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

I love my Beretta. Mine is a .22 but they also make this same gun in a .25, .32 and .380 They are all fairly compact with not a lot of weight to fight. You can drop them in a pocket or carry in a holster.

drenalinld

Sig Sauer P228 40 cal.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2INCHHOOKS

I switched from carrying my .380 made by keltec to a .40 cal made by khar arms. This 40 cal is unreal super accurate and real compact which is important when concealing a gun you dont want to flag everyone. The 40 cal round has great stopping power which is needed for any real big person who is attempting to harm.

I have carried several guns before and I am real comfortable with this .40 made by khar the model is mk 40

as far as carrying in the woods I use a 38 revolver. wont jam and can run snake loads which is needed in the south.

rempumpman

Tarus The Judge     3 in 410 with 410 "home defense" buchshot loads; don't have to worry too much about "precise aiming";  I hope that the Good Lord will spare me from EVER having to use it on another human being but believe me I won't hesitate if the need to arises; one just doesn't know who or what he/she will run into in the day that we live in now....................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

CASH

Aside from "Customs Like Kimber, Ed Brown, etc. the best in my opinion is a Sig Sauer
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

glock 33

kimbers, ed browns, springfields and sigs are nice, but at the end of the day the only own and dirty, tried and true, go BANG when you need it to is glock.

low maintenance, 7 movable parts, accurate, reliable and almost indestructible: Glock

Tail Feathers

Glock 23 .40 call or Ruger LCP .380. 
But if in the woods, that .380 is no where near enough for a bear.   :emoticon-cartoon-012:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

4nwtf

GOLD HUNTER

Ray

Get you a Mountain Gun .44cal S&W nickle it will work on mama bear if you ever need it.... :icon_thumright:

this is just one of my hand guns BUT if i go out at night i have a Sig Sauer 9 mm concealed .

Skeeterbait

For concealed everyday carry, my modified S&W CS45

But it would not be suitable for bear protection.  A large bore S&W mountain gun would be the best choice.  An everyday carry and a bear gun are pretty much mutually exclusive.  Any gun suitable for bear protection is going to be too large and heavy for comfortable everyday carry all seasons.  Bout all your going to be able to do with it is shoulder harness under a heavy coat.  As far as semi-autos there are a few that could suffice on bear, the massive Desert Eagle in 44mag or a 10mm glock or S&W.  10mm is useless though unless you are going to reload for it.  And forget hollow points.  While manstoppers, they are not suitable on bear.  Heavy solids or preferably hard cast lead is necessary.

kdog

My Carry gun is a Ruger LCR 38+P,,,,Very concealable 5 shot revolver.

Old Gobbler

Ruger LCP for the pant pocket  , if If I have a jacket or something it is my S&W .40 loaded up with HP's  bang...bang ...bang

There are loads of scumbag repeat felons {who cant legally own a gun}  everywhere....  but still do anyway ....  Ive seen enough violence and criminal activity in my life to validate my personal opinion that you have to be out of your mind not to own and carry a gun in today's world   

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hookedspur

I carry the Bersa 380 Thunder if its in my pocket or the springfield XDSC 9mm if Im wearing a shirt and not just a T shirt.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions