turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 hunting trumpet

Started by bowbird87, March 09, 2024, 08:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

ChesterCopperpot

If I have to take sentimentality out, a Permar delrin classic. But if I'm going with my gut and heart, I'm taking an osage XT Anthony Ellis gave me many moons ago. Either way I hunt those two calls more than any others in my collection. Honestly that XT seems to get a little more response from the birds, just something about that delrin classic to my ear, but I've killed a lot of birds with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger

Lewis Stowe was a killer and then a callmaker. His last kill 4/27/22. Proven calls by a serious turkey hunter and serious Christian. They keep the proof in the pudding too!

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on April 27, 2024, 10:21:17 AM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 15, 2024, 11:58:35 PMTo be honest , I have a whole lot of trumpets and it really doesn't matter which one I pull out. They are all good and unlike other turkey calls , a trumpet is unique in the sense that if you draw on them with your style of play then most work about the same. I can run a Prudhomme , a Kp , a Lapp , a permar and any other that I have in my collection and kill birds. To my ear and the way I play , they all sound pretty close the same. Just my opinion.
I agree with this. I traded a call for a battey trumpet (200+$) and then decided to try the Mosses Creek WingWood (25$ shipped) and when it came in and i ran the wingwood, I was blown away with how similar they sounded to my ear. So I took them outside and done a video sound file with each in the same video and if it wasn't for me physically showing each one before I played them, you'd swear I never changed calls.

I have had a similar experience.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.