OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Soft case for shotgun help

Started by Ryanmc, February 22, 2024, 01:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanmc

I have a franchi 20 gauge with the pistol grip stock and need to find a soft case it will fit in. Does anyone have a suggestion? It's a tad too wide for my cases. I'm not brand particular. Thanks

Kytomgetter

Ace makes one but it'll just fit up to a 20" barrel, other than that I'd have no idea. Good luck with your search. God bless.

Greg Massey

What I didn't realize is you need a wider case for the pistol grip stock and especially if you add a red dot or scope to your gun.. So take this all into consideration. I bought a new case yesterday and I got one of the wider rifle cases, I didn't think the pistol grip along with the optic on the gun, that I really needed a wider case other than the rifle cases I had picked out, the one I got will barely zip close.  So my suggestion is to be sure to check the width from the bottom of the grip to the top of the optic ...  I agree next is trying to find a case ...

slave601

Try the ol tom cases. They work for mine
"thinnin the flock"

KYFrid

Quote from: slave601 on February 22, 2024, 02:44:10 PM
Try the ol tom cases. They work for mine
This. I have one as well for my Affinity and there is plenty of room in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmf

if you might want a double soft case, the savior cases are fantastic, especially at the price

austinc

I bought the ol tom last year. It fits my rem 870 20 ga with shurshot stock and burros ff3 in it with plenty of room.

zelmo1

Check out the Avery floating case. Z

Tom007

No doubt for me, this Allen Shocker Soft case is the best. It's Turkey specific, set up to carry strikers, shells, pockets for head-net, gloves etc. it has a beard measurement tape, sling built onto case if you want to carry your gun in on a rainy day. The case is well padded, and long enough to fit the longest shotgun with a scope. They nailed this one. I keep extra strikers, calls, etc in the pockets in case I forget or loose something, it's there all season.
"Solo hunter"

Parrot Head

How about a case made for a rifle with a scope on it?

Tom007

Quote from: Parrot Head on February 23, 2024, 07:17:01 AM

I fit my 700 Remington Rifle with a scope in this Allen case with room to spare, a lot of room.....
"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

I like that Tom. Its perfect for a walk in blind hunt with the Mama Z

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 23, 2024, 09:40:36 AM
I like that Tom. Its perfect for a walk in blind hunt with the Mama Z

Amen brother! Always thinking about Mrs. Z!
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Parrot Head on February 23, 2024, 07:17:01 AM

That's the kind of case I got it will work fine with a regular stock and optic but you still need a wider case to accommodate the pistol grip or I did in the case I just bought .. the one I got will just barely zip close...

Ryanmc

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Tom- that's a sweet setup