only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Painted another one.

Started by gatrkyhntr70, July 11, 2011, 02:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

Romans 8:37

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

paturkeyhntr

trkehunr93

Reloader

Borat

gatrkyhntr70

Thanks fellas! , appreciate the comments. I found a thread on a duck hunting forum where a bunch of guys painted there duck rigs and included step by step method and tons of pics.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36000
The paint job on my sons gun is the 2nd job I put on it; Its held up just as good as a dipped one if not better. I think the most important part is in the prep and to take your time.
I stripped the gun down to and cleaned it with non chlorinated brake cleaner. Then used an auto grade primer, Then applied the base coat then did the stencils, Then for the bark looking portion I hand painted with a brush. I waited at least a day between each time I painted it. Then I covered it with several coats of acrylic matte clear coat. Then I let it sit for 2 days. I bought all of the supplies from walmart paint section, the stencils and brushes were in the craft area. I was tempted to add a few blades of grass to get the MO shadow grass pattern but didnt want to push my luck.
It really isnt that hard and from what Ive seen on my sons gun its pretty darn durable.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think it looks pretty good.  It seems to blend in well against the tree.

goblr77

Reloader

If you decide to try a diff clear coat, the epoxy based brownells alumahyde II is a good one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: Reloader on July 12, 2011, 04:22:13 PM
If you decide to try a diff clear coat, the epoxy based brownells alumahyde II is a good one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

Hey Ronnie, Ive heard good things about the alumahyde I may try it next time. :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Mike Honcho

That is a great paint job...you should be proud of that!   Reminds me of the camo Remington used to put on the 870 turkey guns a few years back.   

surehuntsalot

great looking paint job

very nice
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!