OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Plans for 2012 Turkey season

Started by Jay, July 11, 2011, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

As usual I'll hit Iowa at home season 3 and 4, and Kansas. I usually work a trip in with a OG member somewhere. Being I need a Rio and a Merriam for a slam, I might look into hitting an area for one or both. I don't pay for outfitters being I'm on a fairly tight budget, so any advice on that send me a pm, and it would be appreciated. I usually try to stay in a reasonable driving distance from Des Moines due to the price of gas, older SUV, and limited time off from work. What's everyone's tentative plans for next year?

drenalinld

I plan to strike out here at home b/c there aren't enough longbeards to hunt. I want to renew a MO hunt I have neglected for a few years. I will do my best to make KS and NE. Trying to make choices for another hunt. I'll be happy with any of them.

dirt road ninja

I will harass the birds around Jefferson county, MS and will do either MO or KS. Might have a chance at a Rio in TX if my buddy can get away in the spring. He has a place loaded with them, but doesn't turkey hunt. Makes me sick looking at all the pic's he gets off deer feeders.

West Augusta

Home here in West Virginia then to Ohio and hope to get to Kansas.  :fud:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

drenalinld

Quote from: dirt road ninja on July 11, 2011, 10:03:46 AM
I will harass the birds around Jefferson county, MS and will do either MO or KS. Might have a chance at a Rio in TX if my buddy can get away in the spring. He has a place loaded with them, but doesn't turkey hunt. Makes me sick looking at all the pic's he gets off deer feeders.

If you need help with that TX endeavor, just let me know. Cant have those longbeards eating all the corn..........lol

OLE RASPY

BigGobbler

Florida for sure and looking to hook up with someone on the OG forum for a merriams hunt

Spring Creek Calls

Black Hills, KS and my home state of MI. I've got a grudge against a couple KS Rio's!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Florida
Georgia
Virginia
Maryland
Nebraska
Wyoming
South Dakota
New York

maybe South Carolina and potentially Oklahoma.  just depends on time

redarrow

Unless my finances improve greatly. I'll be hunting Michigan only again.

sugarray

I have high hopes, but just not sure it will work out.  I'll hit WV and maybe, maybe PA.  Hoping to hunt with a new friend who has helped me beyond words.  Trying my hardest, but not sure, it is still early.

kdog

home state of Ohio,NE,SD,and Pa.,,,,just have to figure it out while managing a baseball team at the same time.

chatterbox

To actually kill a turkey for the first time in 2 years.

Jay

Quote from: chatterbox on July 11, 2011, 07:12:29 PM
To actually kill a turkey for the first time in 2 years.
Good goal. If I had any land that even was close to a sure thing I'd invite you out.