OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DO You Remember The Cost Of your First Auto - Shotgun ? Pump

Started by Greg Massey, February 01, 2024, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

74.00 it was a single shot made by JC Penny and another company I do not recall, I want to say Steven's but I am not sure. It was a single shot 20 that kicked harder than any 12 Guage I have ever fired by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Zobo

Quote from: PalmettoRon on February 01, 2024, 09:49:10 AM
Belgium Browning A5 Sweet 16 new in the box from a store getting out of the business of selling guns. This was 1972 I believe-$150.

I have the same gun. First shotgun I ever fired...I remember how loud it was.. target practice..stupid kid, no earmuffs, quickly learned my lesson. Nice light, I think well balanced, little gun! The cost of that gun... hearing loss, as it was a "family" gun and I didn't purchase it.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

NCL

My first shotgun was a WesterField 12 gauge my Dad bought for me at Montgomery Wards in 1963. I do not know what he paid for the gun. The first shotgun I purchased was in 1967 a Belgium Browning Light 12 auto which I still have in the safe. I think I paid $175.00 but that was so long ago I am bot sure but I do remember the sporting goods store that I bought it from was called Army Navy Sporing Goods

jmart241

In late 80s got a NWTF 1300 for 269 hunted it quite awhile went to 870 yth i won got the 1300 out this past fall with federal premiums 2 3/4 shot one with it

Badger

My first gun was a Colt pump 20 g that my dad bought in the mid 60's.  I bought a Rem 1100 after I graduated from HS in 73.  I think it was around 275.00.  I gave gun to my dad who gave to one of his grandsons.

sasquatch1

Pawn shop used SKB XL900, beautiful gun and absolutly BOMB proof. $250

That gun never once missed a beat and was never cleaned beyond wd40 spray and wipe down.

30yrs later it's still going. Looks terrible as hurricane katrina flooded it and it sat in marsh mud for months. Never had a part replaced still to this day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ElkTurkMan

$379.00 for my 870 special purpose mag in bottomland. Purchased it at Bass Shops Duluth GA 1996. I started turkey hunting in 1987 and Before this purchase i was using my dads model 12. I had been promoted at work the previous December and with the additional funds I figured it was high time to purchase my own turkey gun. This gun is still my dedicated turkey gun and will be until I am gone.

Quig

Yep remember that day like it was last week - was $140 Mossberg 20 ga and I still have it and recently had it reblued....back then you even got a box of shells thrown in

Duckdogdad

1971 Browning A5 12 gauge magnum.... $195. It has been my duck gun for 52 years...shot 15 boxes of shells through it this year. I figure 15,000-18,000 shells shot through it... two firing pins broken over the years, that's it.

Cowboy

I can't remember what I paid for my first turkey gun, but it was a used Mossberg 500 12 gauge. No camo just wood stock and full choke. The first NEW turkey gun was a Mossberg 9200 auto in Mossy Oak Treestand camo and was in the $400 or so range. I bought it in the mid 90s.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Sure do remember, it was only a couple years ago. I have used a pump gun since 1989, bought a M2 for my son 5-6 years, then 3 years ago bought myself a Tristar 410 auto. Paid 602 OTD for the Tristar

I prefer the pump guns still today but am and have been, looking at the Retay Gordion Turkey. It seems to be calling to me!!!

Cut N Run

1976 I got a 12 ga. Mossberg 500 with a 28" fixed modified barrel. My parents bought it because I was 15, but I saved the money for it. I got it on sale for $99.00.  I later bought a 30" full barrel with a vent rib for hunting ducks.  It was stolen when my house was robbed.  My first semi-auto was a left handed Winchester 1400 I bought in 1979. It shot high brass shells fine, but wouldn't cycle field loads.  Sold it less than a year later, after duck season.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Just realized I misread this, my first semi-auto shotgun is my only semi auto shotgun. Remington 11-87 I think it was between 700-800 with a bird barrel with a vented rib and Sabot barrel with cantilever scope mount.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Howie g

The lst shotgun that I paid for was a 870 12 ga . 3 inch .
Paid 199 from a little store in liberty ms .  If I would have put a notch in the stock every time it made one flop ?
It wouldnt   have a stock left ..

310 gauge

In 1968 I paid 100 dollars of my tobacco trucking money for a new Remington 1100 12 gauge vent rib modified barrel. My Aunt and Uncle paid the rest, around 115 dollars I think. This gun went on to harvest everything from doves to deer and at least a train car load of waterfowl. My Wife in 1980 gave me, for Christmas, a new 1100 in 3 inch Magnum. I still use it a lot today for resident Canada's. Never killed a Turkey with the first gun because we didn't have Turkeys in my hunting grounds when I was growing up.  I did kill a Rio Turkey with the 3 inch when I went to Texas on a Whitetail hunt. Second time in Texas I didn't shoot my Rio, because I didn't care about Turkeys and I had already done a tail mount of the first one. Paid for the Rio and didn't even shoot one! Boy, has my life and priorities changed since then!!!