turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Time Going to Nashville

Started by Zobo, January 28, 2024, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Looking for any advice people might have for me, my wife and daughter. We are NWTF Convention bound for the first time. I know Unicoi would be a much better gathering for me personally however the other two members of my party prefer Nashville to Hellen, go figure, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, lol!
    So any recommendations folks have about navigating the show, what's best day to go, what to do in Nashville other than the show, any good restaurants or sights to see, would be most appreciated!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bowbird87

To me Friday is the best day. We get there around 10am and stay all day. Around 5 we'll eat and have drinks at fuse sports bar at the show. The rest of the night is spent at the roost which is the sitting area at the stairs just past the restaurants. We don't really do much out side the side except go have a steak one night.

Zobo

We are staying in the city proper I believe and will have a car. It appears as though parking is tough going. Can I drive to the event, is parking remote/shuttle? Is there public transportation from the city to the event? Thanks for any advice

Notsoyoungturk

There is a mall adjacent to the convention center.  You could park there and walk over.  The ladies could shop at the mall.  They could also drop you at the show and go to the Mall at Green Hills.  It has all the stores the ladies love (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Kate Spade, etc...  As far as other things, the gulch has good restaurants; Biscuit Love makes a dish call bonuts that are to die for.  They can visit the Parthenon, Grand Ol Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, Bell Meade Mansion or the Hermitage. Music Row always has food and music.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Zobo

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 28, 2024, 10:53:09 PM
The ladies could shop at the mall. Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci

Um, this could have disastrous consequences for my net worth :help:

But, seriously thanks for the info!

Zobo

Quote from: bowbird87 on January 28, 2024, 08:54:50 PM
To me Friday is the best day. We get there around 10am and stay all day. Around 5 we'll eat and have drinks at fuse sports bar at the show. The rest of the night is spent at the roost which is the sitting area at the stairs just past the restaurants. We don't really do much out side the side except go have a steak one night.

Sounds good to me! Are a lot of people there on Thursday? Do most vendors show up Friday? ... Thanks

Gooserbat

Thursday has the ligher crowd.  As far as vendors we're there every day. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

misfire

Sounds good to me! Are a lot of people there on Thursday? Do most vendors show up Friday? ... Thanks
[/quote]

The show opens Thursday, so most vendors are set up on Wednesday. Have fun

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

PalmettoRon

If you have the time, go on Thursday for sure. It's still busy, but nothing like Friday afternoon and Saturday. If you can't make it Thursday, get there when the Convention Hall opens Friday morning. It's much more enjoyable that way.

You should get tix for the Grand Ole Opry one of the nights you're there.

This event will put you in the mood for opening day!

shatcher

Stay away from Broadway.  It's a zoo.

WW

Is it safe to leave your car overnight in the mall parking lot?

shatcher

I wouldn't.  It can get rough around that mall at night.

WW

Quote from: shatcher on January 29, 2024, 02:55:22 PM
I wouldn't.  It can get rough around that mall at night.

Thanks for the info. I was going to avoid the $35 parking fee per day since I'm staying 2 nights there....Guess I'll pay to park at the hotel now

EZ

Quote from: shatcher on January 29, 2024, 01:25:20 PM
Stay away from Broadway.  It's a zoo.

My wife and I went to the convention for the first time last year. We had a wonderful time at the show and the kick-off events. We definitely wanted to go to music row and did. Had the best time with all the great entertainment. Finished off the night at Kid Rock's bar and that place was rockin'!!!

james12yyjordan

Quote from: bowbird87 on January 28, 2024, 08:54:50 PM
I will advise you to follow this mate forum