turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who’s scratch box in Nashville?

Started by Zobo, January 26, 2024, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Im looking to get a couple of scratch boxes in Nashville next month if possible. Who would you recommend that might actually be there? I have one small SS and a Super Yelper but want to add a couple more to the arsenal.  :OGturkeyhead:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

greentrout

I don't know if any of these will be there but I would be looking for something from Lonnie Gilbert, Ernie Fetters, Jeff White, Scott Basehore, Bob Fulcher, Rick Ferlita, or Eric Rice.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Zobo

Quote from: greentrout on January 26, 2024, 09:49:22 PM
I don't know if any of these will be there but I would be looking for something from Lonnie Gilbert, Ernie Fetters, Jeff White, Scott Basehore, Bob Fulcher, Rick Ferlita, or Eric Rice.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Yoder409

Kevin Kirkpatrick if he's there.

And DEFINITELY our own Tarheel, for an heirloom scratcher,  if he's there.  But, I don't think he will be.  Check out his thread here:

https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,116086.0.html
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tarheel

Kevin Kirkpatrick makes a fine little scratchbox; and I especially like his scratchbox striker design. Kevin also has an antler scratchbox striker I very much like.  Robby Smith's daughter, Ellie, was running one of Kevin Kirkpatrick's scratchboxes at Unicoi, and I tried my best to talk her into agreeing to do the calling for me this coming spring turkey hunting season.  Then I heard her running a trumpet yelper.....Oh, my was she awesome!!! But I will say again......Kevin Kirkpatrick makes a very fine little scratchbox!!!

Zobo

Beards and Hooks

All great mentions above and have most mentioned and have no clue if they will be there but I like S&S, L&L, Mississippi Scratchbox, Josh Farley off the top of my head.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Zobo

Let me just say for what it's worth, I played all of the scratch boxes that were entered into the competition at the convention and Jeff Whites was Awesome, capital A. So I was going to bid on it and of course... you know the rest. :begging:
Whoever got that sucker is getting a stone cold killer.

greentrout

Jeff makes excellent scratchers. I wanted the Mike Lapp one but same! Did you leave Nashville with any?
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Zobo

Quote from: greentrout on February 26, 2024, 11:05:12 AM
Jeff makes excellent scratchers. I wanted the Mike Lapp one but same! Did you leave Nashville with any?

No scratch boxes. A hen box, misfit, trumpet,Jordan and a couple of mouth calls :blob10: