turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scratch Box case

Started by Will, January 14, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I am new to scratch boxes and I recently bought one for gobbler talk. I'm hooked and this scratcher talks the talk. My question is how do you transport them in the field? Do you use something specific to work as a case?
Thanks

callmakerman

Being a scratch box junkie I had someone make me some pouches out of camo material. I'm pretty sure she's not making anything these days but Glenda may have what you're looking for.

Candyman

I use a case for glasses I found at WM. It's camouflage and has hard sides. It protects my call and I put rain chalk in it as well.

greentrout

I have a pocket in my Glenda Green minimalist satchel just for scratchers. I keep a separate pocket with scotch brite pads, chalk etc. for my pots and scratchers.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Sir-diealot

Glenda makes a handy little scratchbox pouch, I will try to find you a picture.

Edit: Did not take long, it is the one that is on the bottom, the other one above it is for trough calls.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: callmakerman on January 14, 2024, 09:39:59 AM
Being a scratch box junkie I had someone make me some pouches out of camo material. I'm pretty sure she's not making anything these days but Glenda may have what you're looking for.
She is making stuff, she is at Unicoi* now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Will

Thank you very much for all of the replies. I will contact Ms. Glenda

Ranman

I put the box and striker together, wrap ina soft cloth or piece of felt, secure with paranoid slip knot. Fits in my vest or pocket with no rattle.

Tarheel

I prefer a leather case for long-term durability and protection. Accidents happen....so I want to protect my calls as best I can. This is a leather case I made for my handled scratchbox, but it will work for any of the scratchboxes I make.  Any custom leatherworker can make something similar in a very short period of time, and the cost should not be prohibitive.  I've even gone to the local shoe shop and had them do work for me.  If you can catch them in the right mood, they normally will be willing to help you out. On mine, I did all the stitching by hand, so that took me more time to make, but it still was simple to do.

Tarheel

Yoder409 might be willing to facilitate getting something made for you......

turkey stew

Marvin, Very sharp leather scratcher case. Practical and protective!

Will

Thank you Mr. Marvin. I will reach out to Yoder.

Will

Alabama556

I keep mine in a travel case for a bar of soap that you get at Walmart.i got the idea from Richard Shively.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Alabama556 on February 26, 2024, 03:06:30 PM
I keep mine in a travel case for a bar of soap that you get at Walmart.i got the idea from Richard Shively.
I do the same.  I have two of Richard Shively's Scratch Boxes.  However,  I got the idea myself.  I saw those soap travel cases one day shopping and a light bulb went off in my head! Ha.  They work perfectly and are very inexpensive.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Ranman

Soap case works great, but for longer scratch boxes, I made some with cheap eyeglasses case from Amazon. Painted them green, and added some padding. Fits well with no rattle.