turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A few from while out on trap line

Started by Sir-diealot, November 07, 2023, 08:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

Nice pictures Steve. Really like the picture of the dog. The colors seem to just jump out at you.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on November 12, 2023, 08:25:30 AM
Nice pictures Steve. Really like the picture of the dog. The colors seem to just jump out at you.
Thank you, I had the time to work with the settings better than I did with the others. I wish I were better with numbers than I am, that is a major problem for me with selecting settings, I just can't remember the settings for each situation and I have to fiddle with it. I could shoot in auto but find the pictures when I get my settings right look better than they ever could in auto.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tnandy

great pics. the dog one was especially good. good to see those toms out and about. one of my hunting friends just found one dead the other day with wart looking things all over its head. game warden said that it is Avian pox. sure hated seeing it. would have been a nice 2 year old next year.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tnandy on November 13, 2023, 10:26:54 AM
great pics. the dog one was especially good. good to see those toms out and about. one of my hunting friends just found one dead the other day with wart looking things all over its head. game warden said that it is Avian pox. sure hated seeing it. would have been a nice 2 year old next year.

Thank you for the compliments. Yes that is sad to see, the Mennonite I drive and I have speculated weather the much more frequent use of turkey & chicken dung on fields (Around here anyway, it used to just be used in private gardens now it is widespread) has introduced diseases that barn birds would be immune to but wild turkey would not be?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

A few from today, it was fun watching him chase her then she'd get sick of it and turn around and chase them back and he'd start chasing her again.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: YoungGobbler on November 17, 2023, 08:36:36 PM
Wow!
Lot of fun seeing them chase like that,vI had never seen that before.

John Koenig:

YoungGobbler

Deers are on the moove like crazy these days... This morning saw a small buck with a female in the middle of a field... When the female ran away, the buck followed her, little buddy didn't wanted to loose his shot...  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: YoungGobbler on November 18, 2023, 01:52:54 PM
Deers are on the moove like crazy these days... This morning saw a small buck with a female in the middle of a field... When the female ran away, the buck followed her, little buddy didn't wanted to loose his shot...  :TooFunny:
Are we much different?

John Koenig:

Notsoyoungturk

Great pics.  I always enjoy looking at them.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Sir-diealot on November 18, 2023, 03:56:52 PM
Are we much different?

Once every year we'd be running too  :toothy12: :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: YoungGobbler on November 18, 2023, 07:00:02 PM
Are we much different?

Would they still be interested in those of us that can only hobble out?

John Koenig:

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Sir-diealot on November 19, 2023, 07:04:21 PM
Quote from: YoungGobbler on November 18, 2023, 07:00:02 PM
Are we much different?

Would they still be interested in those of us that can only hobble out?
Of course, they'd see a more confident men... no need to run, see...  :icon_thumright:

zelmo1

Its "swagger" not stagger Steve. Us old bucks usually have both, lol. Z

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on November 22, 2023, 05:43:53 AM
Its "swagger" not stagger Steve. Us old bucks usually have both, lol. Z
lol I know which I have more of.
Not on the trap line, picking up some coyote dogs a few years ago. I was waiting in the truck when they were working the trade and this Cardinal kept getting on my side mirror and either looking at himself and liking what he saw or thought he was a challenger. Every time I tried to raise the camera he would fly off or the 70-300mm lens would not focus because it was to close for the lens. He eventually flew back to the tonneau cover on the truck behind me and I used me rear view mirror to get his picture a few times. All I needed was one looking right at me and I would have a full police booking set.

John Koenig: