OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oliver Anthony - "Rich Men North Of Richmond" - Epic Music

Started by deerhunt1988, August 13, 2023, 02:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

He's not working for pooppay anymore. Cashed in with this song, good for him.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

El Pavo Grande

For those "missing something", I don't think he's talking about having to work, I think he's pretty much calling out the BS in Washington.... taxes, free loaders, government waste, etc.

Shiloh

He talks a fair amount about working for BS pay, and I get his call out on Washington.  I just generally don't appreciate the poor me attitude much.  I think this country is still great and there is TONS of opportunity.  Sure we need to stand up against a bunch of the crap, but overall it's not all bad. 

Meleagris gallopavo

I don't listen to music much, but I was interested enough in this song to read the lyrics.  I'm in SE Virginia and he performs locally and folks around here are talking about him a good bit. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Happy

Charlie Daniel's is more along my line of thinking with his song "Simple man".

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on August 23, 2023, 09:42:38 PM
For those "missing something", I don't think he's talking about having to work, I think he's pretty much calling out the BS in Washington.... taxes, free loaders, government waste, etc.

^^
I agree with this right here. There have always been songs about taxes and a dollar not going as far as it should.

Whats going on in this country right now is on a whole new level. To me, that's his deepest point, not just extra overtime.

Farmboy27

Quote from: Happy on August 26, 2023, 10:32:27 AM
Charlie Daniel's is more along my line of thinking with his song "Simple man".
Now you're speaking my language!  One of the best!