turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

IMAGINE IF.....

Started by quavers59, June 19, 2023, 07:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Imagine if all Hen and Gobbler Decoys  were outlawed in all States at the same time on Public Lands in a United effort to increase the Survival Rate of Wild Turkeys Nationwide.
   Imagine if easy Reaping - hiding your Head behind a white Gobbler Head and Full Fan was outlawed in all States at the same time to enhance Gobbler Survival Rates to Breed more Hens.
    Imagine if Turkey Hunters on Public could no longer get  Notifications that a Gobbler was walking on Through their Favorite  area  .
   Imagine if a obvious  Honey Hole- ( open bottom below a gentle ridge ) and surrounded by Cameras  with new Regulations  in place in all States-- No permanent  Ground Blinds of any type to remain in place during the Spring Turkey Season on Public Lands- thereby " inadvertently " OR NOT-  Discouraging  other Turkey Hunters from setting up in this " Claimed" Public Area. 
    Now imagine if Turkey Hunters Nationwide on Public had to much more count on their Calling and Woodsmanship Skills. Skills that with increased  Technology  are needed less and less and therefore bring many more new Turkey Hunters into the Game for easy success and online Gratification  as Turkey Hunting Experts by their 3rd year.
   Just a early Summer Thread here is all. I am sure,I missed a bunch of points to bring up.

ScottTaulbee

We'd see a lot less "hunters" at the gates and quite a bit more turkey on the landscape in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvestris

It would return the game to the good times when the participants were again turkey hunters rather than mere turkey killers, and there is a mass difference between the two.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tail Feathers

More info on that publlic land notification thing please.  Cause I never had an easy public land hunt and I'd like one! :TooFunny:

I don't make the rules, but I abide by them.  I do hope the individual states do what is best for the birds and sustaining populations and not worry so much about tourist/hunter dollars.  But that may look different in each state.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sasquatch1

Imagine if grown men wouldn't cry like babies if wma stamp cost were raised a little to allow there to be enough funds for better land management, enforcement, and possibly even allow more purchases of land.

Can hunt millions of acres for mere pennies, yet go up $5 and the world starts crying.

The same ones that buy cans of dip all day long and pay 2k to hunt 1k acres of clear cuts on leases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slicksbeagles1

We all would be better off!

Howieg

Your imagination is spot on 100% ....
But sadly , it's a pipe dream

joey46

Jeez!  This forum has become "fantasy land".  Too many with WAY too much time on their hands

CAPTJJ

Imagine if shotguns were outlawed and everyone had to bowhunt turkeys, that would really help the population and many hunters would quit.

I'll give up using decoys when you stop using a gun, lol.

rifleman

Quote from: sasquatch1 on June 19, 2023, 10:07:18 AM
Imagine if grown men wouldn't cry like babies if wma stamp cost were raised a little to allow there to be enough funds for better land management, enforcement, and possibly even allow more purchases of land.

What if all users of the public lands were charged a fee including hikers, bikers, and, horsemen.  That would generate fees also and if they decide not to pay to play then existing trails and public areas would be spared their litter and destroyed trails. IMO!!

Can hunt millions of acres for mere pennies, yet go up $5 and the world starts crying.

The same ones that buy cans of dip all day long and pay 2k to hunt 1k acres of clear cuts on leases.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: CAPTJJ on June 19, 2023, 02:02:57 PM
Imagine if shotguns were outlawed and everyone had to bowhunt turkeys, that would really help the population and many hunters would quit.

I'll give up using decoys when you stop using a gun, lol.
Guns and bows are for wimps, get an atlatl and hunt like a "REAL MAN"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

rifleman

I messed trying to reply to Sasquatch:
     Imagine if the others users of public land were charged a fee such as:  bikers, hikers, horsemen, and others that do whatever they do.  That would certainly drop more money into the budget.  Those who prefer not to pay to play would be beneficial to public lands by preserving trails and camping areas.  These areas are often trashed in the George Washington NF where I hunt.

sasquatch1

Quote from: rifleman on June 19, 2023, 03:27:44 PM
I messed trying to reply to Sasquatch:
     Imagine if the others users of public land were charged a fee such as:  bikers, hikers, horsemen, and others that do whatever they do.  That would certainly drop more money into the budget.  Those who prefer not to pay to play would be beneficial to public lands by preserving trails and camping areas.  These areas are often trashed in the George Washington NF where I hunt.
In many places they are already suppose to

And many places they don't (NF) we don't either

eggshell

Imagine Jesus returning today! Would you be ready, I imagine turkey hunting would be irrelevant very fast. I thought I may as well derail this thread since my scenario is more likely than yours....

sasquatch1

Imagine adults being so sad that they are  unsuccessful that they'd push to take the youth season away from kids. Oh wait..... NVM