Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Could not take it any more (Pattern Pic added)

Started by davisd9, July 03, 2011, 12:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 04, 2011, 10:28:39 AM
I had one many moons ago, I purchased one a year or two after they first came out , back in 90' I think-
The 835 has many built in features to the barrel and can be made to shoot like a champ -

I only wish they had the newer recoil pads like they have today , that would have saved me from the pounding I would get -  I had a scope on mine and that thing cut me 5 stitches wide on my brow, glad it wasn't my retina

I think the newer type recoil pads should be a standard feature on any 3.5 chamber gun - the new pads work so well
I agree Shannon. I wouldn't even think about shooting a 3.5 shell out of my 835 without a limbsaver.

longspur

you won't be sorry for that purchase. I bought mine at wally about 4 years ago for $289

kdog

Congrads on your next turkey killer.I almost bought a 835 this spring but opted for a older 11-87 i found and couldnt pass up.Im sure it will serve you well,,,looking forward to some pattern pics you get from it.

surehuntsalot

congrats on your new turkey gun,I have 2 835's and wouldn't trade them for nothing,best patterning shotguns I have ever owned
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

JVA54

Congrats!! Nice looking gun!

goblr77

I've got one just like it. It's a shooter. The only problem I had is the POI was high. No big deal though, a scope was a simple fix.

drenalinld

Congratulations! It would be interesting to see a pattern before the deep cleaning and after to show possible improvement.

Basser69

Congrats on a great looking turkey killer!  :z-guntootsmiley:

davisd9

I was able to deep clean the barrell tonight, lots of junk came out and glad that I did it, and started to mount my scope on it but I did not have any metric allen wrenches.  Did get my sling attached and put my Star Dot choke in.  Going to try to get scope mounted tomorrow.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Basser69

We have got to see pics after she is finished and don't forget to post pattern pics  :icon_thumright:

mountman62

Wal-Mart must have been out of them Remington camo'd 870 super mag, all I know is I did buy one of the 835's on a heck of a good deal one time, shot 2 turkey loads out of it, got it out of my house, kicked way too dang hard even for me, the man i sold it to, said he cussed me every time he shoots it
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

davisd9

They had the Remingtons but I am an 835 fan.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Got the scope mounted tonight, the sling attached, and the Star Dot choke inserted.  Next step is the patterning board and I am not going to get the chane to do that until the weekend of July 23rd.  Cannot wait to get it patterned.  Here is a picture of the updated version:

chatterbox

Quote from: davisd9 on July 07, 2011, 05:33:48 PM
Got the scope mounted tonight, the sling attached, and the Star Dot choke inserted.  Next step is the patterning board and I am not going to get the chane to do that until the weekend of July 23rd.  Cannot wait to get it patterned.  Here is a picture of the updated version:

Looks great! You will be super pleased! Nothing patterns like an 835!

Tail Feathers

I have the same gun.  Do yourself a favor and put a limbsaver recoil pad on it.  I have a Rhino .695 on mine but may be trying out a .670 choke before next season.  Just can't decide which one...
Love to hunt the King of Spring!