OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Dura touch removal

Started by slave601, May 21, 2023, 01:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker#1

Unfortunately, I have one of these, a BPS pump, 3", 12 gauge. It patterns well. I was thinking of sending it to them but it's an "NWTF model" and Im hoping they can retain the old logo? I will call them...

RED NECK

Quote from: tracker#1 on May 22, 2023, 07:33:42 AM
Unfortunately, I have one of these, a BPS pump, 3", 12 gauge. It patterns well. I was thinking of sending it to them but it's an "NWTF model" and Im hoping they can retain the old logo? I will call them...
They sent me a new stock and forearm, the stock has the circle nwtf turkey symbol, they also told me they have the stickers to put on the stocks, I went that route instead of sending my gun in to them, but they told me anytime I want to send mine(I have 2) with duratouch in to have them dip it, they will send me shipping label etc. I was told 3 months to have it taken apart from their gunsmiths,dipped,put back together and have in my hands, this is Browning Canada that I dealt with, they were excellent so far to deal with.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

My Cynergy Turkey over under has the Dura Touch finish. I heard about this problem early on, so I have avoided any oils or solvents when maintaining this gun.  I like the fact that it's easy to grip, and handles well. All of the finish is in tact, I keep it in a climatized safe year round when not in the field. The camo finish matches my Red Dot, so I don't want to change a thing. I got it when it first came out, so it has held up well. I just got lucky......

RED NECK

Eventually it will fail, I hunted a lot with mine for a decade and then 2 years ago it started and went quick, they will all turn to maple syrup I was told eventually, the brightside of it is when you set it down on ground it picks up and leaves,twigs etc for an extra camo. My other one still looks brand new but It has been a safe queen, Browning told me they will all become sticky, just depends on when. Too bad, I like the feel of the dura touch before It turns out to be a mess.

I kept old stock and forearm and will eventually just pay for them to be re finished in a pattern I want.

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 23, 2023, 06:03:35 AM
Eventually it will fail, I hunted a lot with mine for a decade and then 2 years ago it started and went quick, they will all turn to maple syrup I was told eventually, the brightside of it is when you set it down on ground it picks up and leaves,twigs etc for an extra camo. My other one still looks brand new but It has been a safe queen, Browning told me they will all become sticky, just depends on when. Too bad, I like the feel of the dura touch before It turns out to be a mess.

I kept old stock and forearm and will eventually just pay for them to be re finished in a pattern I want.

I wonder if they would send me the stock and forearm?

RED NECK

Browning Canada sent me them, they are the newer version of breakup though, but they also told me they will re finish both my guns and pay shipping whenever I want to send them in, I have had great service from them, I'll probably get both sent away this summer. They told me they will re finish in their new pattern as the old one is not available ,the old Mossy oak new break up is my favorite camo finish ever but the newer version is pretty slick, Ill try and post a picture of my 3 camoed bps after work tonight, I am just heading out the door.

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 23, 2023, 06:18:40 AM
Browning Canada sent me them, they are the newer version of breakup though, but they also told me they will re finish both my guns and pay shipping whenever I want to send them in, I have had great service from them, I'll probably get both sent away this summer. They told me they will re finish in their new pattern as the old one is not available ,the old Mossy oak new break up is my favorite camo finish ever but the newer version is pretty slick, Ill try and post a picture of my 3 camoed bps after work tonight, I am just heading out the door.

Thanks...

Canadian

I also have a BPS, in breakup infinity. When they replace/repair, does it come with 'fresh' duratouch, or do they leave the stuff off? Mine is sticky, but not bad enough that i need it fixed. 15 years old too. Not gonna lie though, ive kind of liked the slight sticky surface of mine. Its not THAT sticky, just enough to pick up dirt/dust/grime and give it a nice dark patina look. I despise when camos fade to a brighter color/shade. I had a mossberg that was dang near white.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

RED NECK

No, It is just a dipped finish. My gun as of now with the new stock and forearm, along with the 24" barrel I bought in Mossy oak break up, I had bought a 26" and sold the 24" about 7 years ago , then I found this last winter and bought the 24" barrel and sold the 26" that I bought in 2016.

RED NECK

best I can do for pics on this forum,hope it helps....Tom!!

RED NECK

Mine was fine until 2020, then it got a tad sticky, then It went all to hell in 2021. I  liked the duratouch coating very much until 2020. I have a $950 dollar mossberg 835 turkey tactical that Ive hunted with a handful of times since new in 2021 and It looks like its 12 years old, It is the only gun that Ive ever had finish issues on because of bug spray, but I dont care, its just a beater safe queen.

Canadian

Thanks for the pics! I might try to get in touch with browning and see what the options are.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Tom007

I contacted Browning. They are very nice. I sent my Cynergy out through my local gun shop yesterday. They know the routine, have sent guns to Browning for this already. Even though mine was just starting to get sticky, the Browning service guy said it will get worse just as Heartbreak Kid mentioned. They said if they have the stock and forearm, 4-5 weeks. If it the stocks have to be refinished, 3 months. I am in no rush, they said no problem getting it back by fall. They said they will cover all shipping costs or any other costs associated. The gun will be brand new. Great company for sure.....

Chief Razor

I just completed the form for my browning maxus. I was searching for an answer for why it had become so sticky last duck season. Unfortunately they cannot match the original camo so looks like a complete dip job. Has anyone had to MOBL done through the return process? Looks like the new and original are both options on the browning site for new production guns. The option on the form didnt specify.

Tom007

My gun shop handled the form. They handle this through their Browning distributor. When I talked to Browning, they said I would get my stocks replaced. Mine is Real Tree Max 5 camo, he said they still have this pattern.