OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dot reflex recommendations

Started by mdmitchell, May 08, 2023, 08:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdmitchell

Just picked up a Franchi affinity 20 ga and will be putting a reflex on it.

I see recommendations spread out across the board for Burris, holosun, vortex and Trijicon.

This is my forever gun so I will pay for the best. So what's my best option?

ManfromGreenSwamp

I personally run the Trijicon RMR with no battery Tritium. It's absolutely amazing.

I also have a FF3 on a 410, it's okay, but you have to turn it on. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

USMC0331

You need to go to a place that has several models to see if any have the features, color, dot size, and warranty you agree with..  As far as my thoughts on top 2, it would be Trijicon and Aimpoint based on their track record and durability. Below them, the Venom,  FF3, and  Holosun have a solid following. Holosun has a choice of a green dot, whereas the Venom and FF3/4 do not. All 3 have an excellent warranty if needed. Also, some have a wider view ( size of glass in red dot).

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

slave601

Holosun 508T or the Burris fast fire 4. Neither be can be beat in my opinion
"thinnin the flock"

guesswho

Another vote for the Holosun, green!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

jhoward11

Burris FF3. I have them on both my 12 and 20. Just switched last year. Really like them. Good luck

Dtrkyman

I was just eyeballing the Trijicon with the triangle aiming point!

Otherwise I would want some sort of shake awake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

I run a Holosun 510C on three of my turkey guns and they can't be beat IMO.
I also have a Vortex Venom that I like but it is a smaller field of view.
It comes down to what your needs/requirements are, how much you want to spend.

silvestris

Look at the Trijicon SRO.  Ain't nothing wrong with the Trijicon RMR.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Goblen

I have the fast fire 4. It has a automatic mode that adjust the dot as the sun comes up. Larger field of view, and easy on batteries. Second season on same one. Lifetime no fault warranty.

357MAGNOLE

I like the Swampfox Kingslayer with green circle reticle for the price it's hard to beat.

Keep in mind if you go with a tritium only rmr they do fade with time and if your sitting in the shade aiming into a bright field it will wash out. I had one and had to send it back for replacement.

The FF3, Vortex options, SRO are going to work.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

ruination

I smashed an 8 year old FF3 by knocking it over last year and they replaced it no questions asked.

Works well.

Whish it had the shake awake feature like my Romeo 5 does.

The truth is, they are all going to work.  Find the color, features, and look you like. 
.410 Favors the Bold

Andy S.

Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

ShortMagFan

Been using Fastfires for years without issue and really like them

My main gun has a Trijicon SRO with the Scalarworks mount. It's pricey and other than field of view I'm not sure what it gives me that the FF doesn't, but I still like it a lot. But part of me thinks I should switch to the Fastfire and sell the SRO/Scalarworks and pocket the difference

Gobbler428

I have a Vortex Venom on both my 20ga and 12ga turkey guns and never had an issue with either one,