OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Season closes a day early

Started by ChesterCopperpot, May 05, 2023, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 06, 2023, 09:45:44 PM
Quote from: JeffC on May 06, 2023, 07:41:41 PM
Thanks for the update on your friend, glad he was able to get out with you and hunt. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Three weeks to the date after he'd been shot, two weeks after he'd gone in for some serious doctor work as a result of secondary infection that could've killed him, he's in the woods with me and we get a bird called up. I see the bird coming and I think it's gotten past him. Right as that thought crosses my mind I hear the gun crack and in the same moment am at the perfect angle to watch the bird fold up. That was flat out the moment that made my season. I could've cared less if I killed another one. It was an overwhelming sort of happiness in seeing him back at it with me and us taking a bird. I love hunting by myself. I love chasing turkey solo. But when you've got a partner that you can work through the woods in sync and never say a word, just work together and make things happen, that's honestly what my favorite part of this whole thing is. I couldn't imagine having not gotten to hunt with him again. I've told him a hundred times, the day comes that you can't walk I'll carry you in a croaker sack. And I mean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is what SHARING THE WOODS is ALL about PERIOD!!!!!!!  RELATIONSHIPS FELLAS!!!!!!!!  Being able to be in God's SPLENDOR and sharing with those we LOVE!  Being with a Hunting Buddy, sharing encounters with them.  Experiencing that moment when THEY kill their First Bird (my 81 year old) and sharing LIFE (in this particular case) with LOVED ONES.  Don't take it for GRANTED, it can ALL be gone in an INSTANT!!!!!!!!!

Tom007

Amen. Great stories Dave. I'm glad your buddy is getting better. I only hope they make an example of the guy that shot him. Sorry, but there absolutely is NO excuses for this incident. Your friendship bond is more than admirable, congrats on a fine season, a scary moment, but in the end fond memories!

mountainhunter1

Quote from: bbcoach on May 07, 2023, 06:56:12 AM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 06, 2023, 09:45:44 PM
Quote from: JeffC on May 06, 2023, 07:41:41 PM
Thanks for the update on your friend, glad he was able to get out with you and hunt. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Three weeks to the date after he'd been shot, two weeks after he'd gone in for some serious doctor work as a result of secondary infection that could've killed him, he's in the woods with me and we get a bird called up. I see the bird coming and I think it's gotten past him. Right as that thought crosses my mind I hear the gun crack and in the same moment am at the perfect angle to watch the bird fold up. That was flat out the moment that made my season. I could've cared less if I killed another one. It was an overwhelming sort of happiness in seeing him back at it with me and us taking a bird. I love hunting by myself. I love chasing turkey solo. But when you've got a partner that you can work through the woods in sync and never say a word, just work together and make things happen, that's honestly what my favorite part of this whole thing is. I couldn't imagine having not gotten to hunt with him again. I've told him a hundred times, the day comes that you can't walk I'll carry you in a croaker sack. And I mean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is what SHARING THE WOODS is ALL about PERIOD!!!!!!!  RELATIONSHIPS FELLAS!!!!!!!!  Being able to be in God's SPLENDOR and sharing with those we LOVE!  Being with a Hunting Buddy, sharing encounters with them.  Experiencing that moment when THEY kill their First Bird (my 81 year old) and sharing LIFE (in this particular case) with LOVED ONES.  Don't take it for GRANTED, it can ALL be gone in an INSTANT!!!!!!!!!

Great Post!!
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Happy

Nice write up and glad you two can still continue on.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

crow

Nice pics and season, I like seeing old guns still getting to the woods.
Glad your Buddy recovered and is back to hunting.

I saw his gunshot wounds on the GON forum, just brutal, it's great he is going back to the woods.

Bedge7767

Glad he's ok. Looked terrible.
Jim

zelmo1

Great way to end the season bro, congrats. More memories Z