OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

$1000 budget - Auto 20 gauge recommendation

Started by mdmitchell, May 05, 2023, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdmitchell

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 07, 2023, 11:56:53 PM
SX4 or Retay Gordion.  Two entirely different guns as the SX4 is gas and the Retay is recoil.  Both have impressed me.  Both have shot great and functioned great.  Both are available with out a pistol grip and I hate pistol grips so that's a big plus for me.
SX4s came highly recommended from a buddy but man I couldn't find one in the configuration I wanted - IE 24" in or less barrel on a 20.

The retays I've heard such a mixed bag of reviews. I handled the gordion and in hand it's sexy. But the guy at the counter told me they had quite a few come in this spring wirh issues and that was an I needed to hear.

Ended up going with the Franchi affinity compact

Ranman

You'll be happy with the Franchi.. post up some pics when she's ready.

SM

I'm liking the SA-20 Turkey I got about a month ago. Shoots very well with a Trulock .575 and LBXR #5 or 6,
Win Double X #5, and 2 3/4" Apex #9.

JHoyle

Winchester sx4. Hunters haven in Mississippi has a special run with 24" barrels in bottomland. I've set up quite a few of these guns for myself and friends and they all are shooters. They are right around 1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budtripp

My vote is the smelly benelli montefeltro. They came out with a newer version so I've been seeing a few of the old version online for around a grand. Classy little lightweight shotgun. I'm considering trading in my old 2.75 in 1100 towards one.

aclawrence

Quote from: SumToy on May 05, 2023, 05:14:39 PM
Franchi Affinity 3 Compact
Can you cut the barrel down on these?  I'd rather have 21-22" than 24".

lunghit

Winchester SX4 20 Ga. with a 24" barrel. Here is mine and I love it.

Bottom gun

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

SumToy

Quote from: aclawrence on May 09, 2023, 08:23:55 AM
Quote from: SumToy on May 05, 2023, 05:14:39 PM
Franchi Affinity 3 Compact
Can you cut the barrel down on these?  I'd rather have 21-22" than 24".

yes they can be cut and threaded.  Now only thing it will not be factory threads.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Riley1