News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question In Line With The Subject Of Resident and Non Resident Hunting

Started by mountainhunter1, May 02, 2023, 05:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: Old Gobbler on May 05, 2023, 05:40:11 PM
It's a non migratory species and is not subject to federal oversight ...if we were to invite federal oversight..I'm sure the end result would be similar to whatever the "midas touch " the federal government is so proficient at performing..you could expect them to screw that up like they have done with the education system, higher education the list goes on and trust me there is more I would like to say in it , but I'm sure the rest of you read the news too

Florida is in serious trouble , I've been warning the "sky is falling " due to more so habitat loss than anything, yes we have out of staters but I'll be a hypocrite if I took a anti out of stater position , because yes like the rest of you ..I hunt out of state on a regular basis

The average Oldgobbler forum member doest exactly represent the "average" everyday turkey hunter

I would say our membership is  representative of the extremely serious, that's a much smaller percentile of the average guy that hunts a weekend or two , hunts local low hanging fruit locations, doesn't travel out of state ..doesn't spend top dollar on equipment leases , and so on 

If we start a anti out or stater movement, it will have very little effect on the big picture, but I guarantee the antis/PETA will eat it up because any way to limit hunting is a win for them

So those weren't turkeys migrating over my house the other night?

Well said though.  I absolutely agree!

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on May 05, 2023, 06:06:40 PM
I haven't read through all of these posts but I don't see any issue at all, or any harm to any population if a guy wants to travel to all 49 states and shoot one turkey in each of those states every single spring.

And more power to him if he can kill one in that 50th state. ;D
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

guesswho

Quote from: Marc on May 05, 2023, 09:16:24 PM
And more power to him if he can kill one in that 50th state. ;D
Funny you mention that.  And if he could kill one in that 50th state he would rank #2 in the state on the all time records list.   Someone has a four bearded bird registered for that state already. ???
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff