turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker Wood vs Pot Call Surface Comparison

Started by Dhamilton1, April 30, 2023, 01:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhamilton1

Lights Out Custom Calls has the following striker wood vs pot call surface chart on their website.

3 asterisks being the highest rating and 1 being the lowest.

Any else do this type of comparison?

Thought this was interesting but I'm curious if the results vary or hold true every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Dhamilton1 on April 30, 2023, 01:15:24 PM
Lights Out Custom Calls has the following striker wood vs pot call surface chart on their website.

3 asterisks being the highest rating and 1 being the lowest.

Any else do this type of comparison?

Thought this was interesting but I'm curious if the results vary or hold true every time.

Not sure if they hold true or not but I have used the chart the two times I ordered from Wendell. He makes awesome sticks IMO and is one of my favorites.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

aclawrence

What the heck is Kentucky coffee? I consider myself a wood guy but I've never heard of that.  I'm curious how much difference we could really tell in a blindfolded test but yes some of them definitely have to be better on certain surfaces. The more the better!

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: aclawrence on May 03, 2023, 02:21:30 PM
What the heck is Kentucky coffee? I consider myself a wood guy but I've never heard of that.  I'm curious how much difference we could really tell in a blindfolded test but yes some of them definitely have to be better on certain surfaces. The more the better!

Not sure what it is but I have it and it runs. I just went with the ones that seemed most versatile and they all play, the ones I have anyhow.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mmclain

Ky coffee wood is in the locust/legume  family.