turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old Funky's latest hunt

Started by joey46, April 17, 2023, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

After missing the early part of Florida's season for health reason I finally started to get back to chasing the big birds.  I'm blessed to have some very private land to hunt but in 5 previous trips found them strangely quiet.  Finally on Saturday (15th) they became active.  I was in a familiar spot watching mixed cover and placed my now well worn Funky Chicken at 30 yards.  The first to notice him was this group.  Cows are always fascinated by decoys.  When they left a nice 7" bearded 15# gobbler decided to check him out.  He is in the center of the  second picture.  Under the new Florida regs I had to record him before moving him from the spot where he fell(or quit flopping).  Took his final repose picture first.  Nice to experience a day when everything works out. 

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats on a great hunt Joey
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

357MAGNOLE

I've always thought the funky chicken was snake oil but so many post here show otherwise.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Turkeybutt

Way to go Joey! Congratulations brother!

JeffC

Congrats Mr. Joey, glad you were able to get out and enjoy the spring season!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

FLGobstopper

Congrats, if I ever bring a decoy with me it's usually that one. Had him out when my daughter shot hers in S FL during youth season this year and not sure if it was because of the jake decoy, but I've never heard a gobbler drum as loud as I have that one.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your gobbler.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:Glad you got after them!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

hipp2412

Hipp

3bailey3

squidd

Funky Chickens are awesome, nicely done!

tomstopper

Congratulations

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

NCL

Congratulation both your nice bird and more important your health recovery

Turkeybutt

Retire poor old funky. Put him on the mantle  in a place of honor.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr