News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens over/under

Started by TrackeySauresRex, April 16, 2023, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Quote from: ncquackersmacker on April 20, 2023, 09:15:34 PM
I bought a Yildiz youth 20ga o/u and fortunately it shoots great top and bottom barrel. I put a red dot on it with a meadow creek mount. It is a dream to carry but damn does it kick!  Shooting 1 5/8oz TSS out of both barrels. Top is full, bottom is imp. cyl. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put a Limbsaver pad on it and take that piece of junk factory pad off. It'll help a good bit.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

old3toe

I've tried it both ways and I like the top barrel choked tighter and the bottom barrel more open with lead. Mine shot very close with both barrels at 40yds but of course the closer you get its a little lower with the bottom barrel. I want full control over my tightest barrel and load and don't want it impacting a little lower. The tighter it is coming out of the bottom barrel the farther out yardage wise your center of pattern will be lower. I want it dead on. By shooting the open choke in the bottom barrel with lead it's naturally going to open up more because of the open choke one and because it's lead two. So the nice more open pattern will basically absorb any difference from line of sight to bottom barrel difference. And I don't buy into the recoil thing of bottom barrel kicks less than top and has less muzzle rise or jump. There might be a tiny difference but not enough to actually be able to tell it like many guys say you can especially with magnum loads. I mean the exit centerline of both barrels is what? 5/8" - 3/4"? Which is not very much at all and both barrels are being driven back into the same amount of square inches of butt pad. Then you throw in the light weight of most of these little guns and yes your going to feel it when you touch one off. Unless it's at a turkey! Then the recoil seems to disappear. Haha

howl

Loads don't really open up a whole lot at the closest ranges regardless of choke. The target gets bigger the lower you aim, though. At twenty yards, aim feathers. At ten, punch it in the wing butt.

Or just let it walk back out to thirty yards. You're really not supposed to kill a turkey every time you go. It'd take the fun out of it and turkey populations won't stand it.

ncquackersmacker

Quote from: quackaddict on April 20, 2023, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: ncquackersmacker on April 20, 2023, 09:15:34 PM
I bought a Yildiz youth 20ga o/u and fortunately it shoots great top and bottom barrel. I put a red dot on it with a meadow creek mount. It is a dream to carry but damn does it kick!  Shooting 1 5/8oz TSS out of both barrels. Top is full, bottom is imp. cyl. 

Put a Limbsaver pad on it and take that piece of junk factory pad off. It'll help a good bit.

It has one. The problem isn't the force back into the shoulder, it's the jump up into the cheek bone.

TrackeySauresRex

From an old 835 guy..... Recoil is the least of my concerns  :toothy9:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Ranman