OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Choke Recommendations for Franchi Affinity 3 with TSS (20 Gauge)?

Started by BDeal, April 06, 2023, 12:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Any thoughts here? Is anyone using the stock chokes that come with the gun?

PV266

Check out Blue collar outdoors on YouTube.  Those guys do a lot of testing with an affinity

Greg Massey

My Elite 3 came with 5 chokes and the 2 special made Custom Rhino chokes are ported 565 and 593 and i'm using the Rhino 565 with XR Long beard number 6 and it's awesome ...  People don't realize you could spend a few more dollars and get the Elite 3 and it had these special made chokes and the gun is Cerakote.. The trigger on the Elite 3 is also a lot better... IMO...

Ranman

I shoot Carlson's .575 in mine. Others have great results with Trulock .585..

Bamaslayer757

Yep tons of great pattern pics on the site. I went with the non ported trulock .585 and love it

Sandfly

Lcmacd 58

If it were me I'd contact Rob Roberts in Arkansas and talk with him about what your wanting. He'll get you fixed up

kwild835

.575 Carlson's
.562 Sumtoy
.562 Indian Creek
.570 Indian Creek

They seem to sling great patterns with about any choke .555-.585.  Out of those chokes I stuck with the .570 Indian Creek, mostly because it was the last one I tried and they were all about the same with 1 5/8oz #9 handloads. 

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

PineyRooster

Trulock precision hunter 575 works great out of mine. Carlsons 575 that's recommended a lot was covering a 36x36" sheet of paper from top to bottom with apex 1 5/8 oz of 9's at 40 yards. The Trulock put most of that same  load in a 20" circle. Sumtoy .562 is also a solid  performer.

Buckhuntraj

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 18, 2023, 01:59:10 PM
If it were me I'd contact Rob Roberts in Arkansas and talk with him about what your wanting. He'll get you fixed up
This.  They got me set up with the .570 and it has been great the past two seasons with my affinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slave601

I was shooting the IC .562 in mine and picked up the trulock Pinhoti version .560 ported and it's phenomenal! This was the apex Greenleaf 9x10 blend
"thinnin the flock"

Bottomland OG

I have a number of chokes for mine but the setup that stands out most in the gun I have is a Carlson LBXR .568 choke paired with ninja's.