turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kenetrek boots

Started by Old Timer, March 30, 2023, 06:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Well i jumped in with both feet so to speak. Got the Kenetrek Corrie 11 7 inch hiker. Fit is great feet and feel good in them. Walking around the house with them. They have a very stiff sole is my only concern. I have been told that will change the more I wear them. For now I will spend an hour or two a day inside before I wear them out. You guys that have these please chime in. Thanks and good day.

Sir-diealot

I want to get a pair of their pediatrics but would have to get 2 pair and that would be close to $1600.00 so not an option. Glad they are working for you though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WV Flopper

I did not have the hikers you have, I had a pair of the mountain guide boots. After 50 miles in them they did not loosen up one bit. Felt like I had two 2X6 boards strapped to my ankles. Almost like wearing ski boots "Almost".

I sold them for 200 bucks and was happy to get rid of them, they were in great shape. The guy that bought them "Loves them".

We are all different, one boot is not good for all. I hope these are the best boots you have every had, I know they are not cheap!

Regardless of how they feel, they are one of the best built boots I have had on my feat.

fishr64

I've never tried those and wondered how stiff they were compared to their other boots. If they have a little bit of flex, I would think they should loosen up a little bit. I have Crispi boots and they loosened up just a little after quite a few miles. You'll know if the insoles are comfortable to you after wearing them a bit, if it feels too rigid to your feet get replacement insoles at a good shoe store. There are multiple good brands, I use Powersteps and I've heard good things about Superfeet too.

One thing that I found with my boots the first year I wore them, my feet seemed to be getting tired more than with my old flexible soled boots. I read about someone else having a similar issue and someone else responded to let the boots do the work instead of your feet. I paid attention to what I was doing and realized that I was clenching my toes while I was walking and made a point to pay attention and not do that and it made a world of difference. My feet aren't tired now at the end of the day and I'm covering more ground than before.

Good luck with your new boots and keep us posted on how they're working for you.

Old Timer

Quote from: WV Flopper on March 30, 2023, 08:23:28 PM
I did not have the hikers you have, I had a pair of the mountain guide boots. After 50 miles in them they did not loosen up one bit. Felt like I had two 2X6 boards strapped to my ankles. Almost like wearing ski boots "Almost".

I sold them for 200 bucks and was happy to get rid of them, they were in great shape. The guy that bought them "Loves them".

We are all different, one boot is not good for all. I hope these are the best boots you have every had, I know they are not cheap!

Regardless of how they feel, they are one of the best built boots I have had on my feat.
Flopper what boot did you end up getting? I like the feel of these just not the stiffness.

mcw3734

I plan on using my Cabela's points and member sale to buy the Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hiker boots tomorrow after work. First time I'll be buying a big money hiking boot. Like the previous post mentioned, we're all different. Lots of people absolutely love them, a few not so much. Hoping I fall into the former category.

One consistent message I've heard with them is the need for proper break-in.

Bk2outdoors

I have a 2 pair of the mountain extreme boot, one non-insulated and the other 400G.....I've worn them on countless backcountry elk hunts and hunting the mountains where I live.  I've not got much to compare them to because they're the only "high-end" boot I've ever owned....a good friend of mine recommended them to me when I started traveling out west to hunt....I love mine!

budtripp

Got a pair of mountain extremes I've worn for two years now. Liked them so much I ordered a pair or the northern pac boots for cold weather deer and coyote hunting. Never got cold enough to wear them much this year but they feel great compared to my old pac boots.

WV Flopper

I must be about like a women when it comes to boots. Last year I wore a pair of Crispi Summit GTX hikers. I really liked those, I did buy a new insole for them as they were not the softest on feet after awhile. Nice boots, made well, uninsulated, still in great shape. "As a whole, Crispi's do not have the best insoles"

This year I just bought a pair of Meindl comfort fit light hikers. I have worn Meindl boots in the past, most comfortable boots I have worn. I will rotate the use of the two hikers and that makes my feet feel awesome. Plus gives each boot an extra day to dry out internally and help with the longevity of the boot.

Good luck with whichever boot you get.

Old Timer

good luck with your choice. As far as insole these carries are nice quality. Does not seem to have any flex though. I also use speed feet and perscription orthos.

nyhunter

I have the mountain guide boots and absolutely love them ,

lmbunch69

I've got a pair of uninsulated mountain extremes. Best boot I've worn. Yes they are stiff but you get used to it. Only lace up boot my feet stay absolutely dry in and worth the investment. I got tired of buying a new 150$ pair of mucks every year due to holes or leaking at the soles.

arrow1

These are my everyday work/wear boots and will wear for turkey this season too.  I pair them with Sheep Feet. Take a little break in time but sole will remain fairly stiff. I also own uninsulated Mountain Extreme,  400 gram insulated Mountain Extreme and Grizzly Pac Boots. So I like my Kenetreks! I went on a mountain lion hunt in the Selway in Idaho in January 2020. Up to that point I never owned a serious pair of mountain boots.  I knew I needed to bullet proof my ankles and feet on this hunt due to the extreme terrain.  After an 8 1/2 mile round trek from the track to the tree where the mountain lion was I would have never survived with any less of a boot.  I usually where knee high rubber Lacrosse boots hunting here in NY but find as I'm aging the support of a high quality leather boot combined with gaiters is better suited for me. I'm heading to Nebraska in a couple weeks and plan on wearing the Corries with Kenetrek Gaiters.

Old Timer

Quote from: arrow1 on April 01, 2023, 10:09:41 PM
These are my everyday work/wear boots and will wear for turkey this season too.  I pair them with Sheep Feet. Take a little break in time but sole will remain fairly stiff. I also own uninsulated Mountain Extreme,  400 gram insulated Mountain Extreme and Grizzly Pac Boots. So I like my Kenetreks! I went on a mountain lion hunt in the Selway in Idaho in January 2020. Up to that point I never owned a serious pair of mountain boots.  I knew I needed to bullet proof my ankles and feet on this hunt due to the extreme terrain.  After an 8 1/2 mile round trek from the track to the tree where the mountain lion was I would have never survived with any less of a boot.  I usually where knee high rubber Lacrosse boots hunting here in NY but find as I'm aging the support of a high quality leather boot combined with gaiters is better suited for me. I'm heading to Nebraska in a couple weeks and plan on wearing the Corries with Kenetrek Gaiters.
Im glad they worked out for you. Great craftsmanship but just to stiff for me.

TurkeyReaper69

I am a kennetrek fan boy. I think I comment on every kennetrek post I see. I have a pair of the mountain extremes and the Wildland fire boots. Only have had Wildland fire boots for a few weeks but they are awesome so far. Can't speak highly enough about kennetrek