turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chiappa 101 410

Started by Strutbuster91, March 27, 2023, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strutbuster91

I just seen the chiappa 101 410 today, and was wondering if anybody has 1 and how did they shoot?

Tankdog78

I ordered one Monday, once I shoot it I'll post my thoughts.  I hope it's a shooter. 

badwolf

Been looking at these too, I like that it's hammerless shot and light. Interested in your review. 

Tankdog78

I got the gun and it is pretty cool very light, kinda reminds me of a BB gun .  I have a sumtoy red dot base in the way and will have a bud drill and tap a hole or two for mounting it directly on the barrel.  I didn't like how high the red dot sat on the factory pic rail.   I have not patterned it yet. 

The only negative I can really say is that it has an extremely heavy trigger, heavier than any gun I have ever shot even heavier than my double action revolver.   I think it's like that as a safety because there should be no accidental discharges because you have to squeeze hard it to get it to go off. The gun is so light it's easy to keep on target so the heavy trigger shouldn't be that bad. 

Tankdog78

I modded the trigger by removing 1 coil on the trigger return spring and 1.5 coils on the hammer spring.   This dropped the trigger weight by 30-40% I would guess.   It is much lighter but not too light for my liking.   

Patterned the gun with Remington 9 tss, federal 9tss and apex ninja 9.5 tss at 20, 30 and 40 yards today with the primos jellyhead .390 choke.   The Remington was good at 20 the federal was tight probably a little more than a soft ball, the apex was the size of a fist. At 30 yards all would kill, the Remington was starting to get blown out, the federal is about a basket ball,  apex bowling ball.   At 40 yards the federal had 3 in the spine brain and was blown out, the apex had 20 in the brain and spine and a solid pattern left and right, didn't shoot the remington because it was bad at 30.  If I could figure out how to down size photos here I would post them.  If you're interested leave you email and I'll email you the photos.