turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thick Tape?

Started by bangbird, March 26, 2023, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bangbird

Guys I'm running low on thick tape.  From my understanding it's no longer available.

I can not use thin tape.

Does anyone know where to get thick tape or have any they would be willing to sell?

GobbleNut

Sorry I can't help you out.  Seems like the tapes are just getting thinner and thinner as time goes on.  I am about out of the thicker stuff I have, as well.  Fortunately, the newer thin tape we seem to be getting is not a problem for me personally.  Good luck finding what you need.

Sadler McGraw

I still have about 800 pieces of Thick Tape that I use for myself.  And I have a few customers that I will use it for.  I charge them $2 more per call for thick tape.

I have started using 1.5 pieces of thin tape on a lot of my personal calls.  Works pretty good. only draw back is it will come apart after a few weeks, but if your building your own, it is no big deal.  You just need to let them dry more than normal.
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

compton30

Quote from: Sadler McGraw on January 09, 2024, 03:05:58 PM

I have started using 1.5 pieces of thin tape on a lot of my personal calls.  Works pretty good. only draw back is it will come apart after a few weeks, but if your building your own, it is no big deal.  You just need to let them dry more than normal.

Surprised this went by without more reaction. The thick tape or lack thereof has been a problem for years now and it's still a question that comes up pretty frequently. Great tip!

Sadler McGraw

Alot of the tape that is being sold now is Gaffers tape.  It is a hair thicker than toilet tissue.  I struggle to use it.   The best tape ever was the White Johnson and Johnson medical tape.  But for some reason no use sells that any more.

I have found 2' wide medical tape from China and have bought some and made my own pieces of tape that are the same as the old JJ tape.  But it is to much sugar for a dime to try and do this.

SSM
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion