OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Laser bore sights

Started by btomlin, March 25, 2023, 10:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

Does anyone have any experience with the gauge specific laser bore sights from Amazon? 

I was curious if they save you any shots downrange checking zeros since TSS is $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt76cmich

I have the shotshell looking ones (junk) and one that fits into the end of the barrel (better). They get me in the ballpark, then I get closer with birdshot at 10 yards, then dial in at 40 with TSS.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

I have em ...they work ..heck the price of one of em , is cheaper than 1 high end shell , and great for if you have to reinstall you our sight for any reason

It is a great tool to use if your shopping for a gun

They have a margin or error of less that a few inches , if you rotate in the chamber you'll figure out the center , if you wrap the shell front and back evenly with tape that margin will tighten up significantly

This does not guarantee that you choke threads are not installed off center or misaligned  , a dial caliper will help indicate that by measuring the wall thickness all around
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

jerf

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 25, 2023, 05:24:11 PM
I have em ...they work ..heck the price of one of em , is cheaper than 1 high end shell , and great for if you have to reinstall you our sight for any reason

It is a great tool to use if your shopping for a gun

They have a margin or error of less that a few inches , if you rotate in the chamber you'll figure out the center , if you wrap the shell front and back evenly with tape that margin will tighten up significantly

This does not guarantee that you choke threads are not installed off center or misaligned  , a dial caliper will help indicate that by measuring the wall thickness all around
Do they make one for 10 gauge?

Tom007

Site-Lite Boresighter. Has different arbors for different gauges and guns. I rarely have to even touch windage and elevation after it's bore-sighted....great investment, saves shooting extra shells...
"Solo hunter"

Ranman

Just used a Site-Lite to set up red dots on two shotguns this season. Worked great. More expensive, but a good investment.