OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 gauge model recommendations

Started by robertsj2221, March 14, 2023, 10:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b wilt

I'm eyeing the 870 Fieldmaster although I dont need it.

krm944

Quote from: beagler on March 17, 2023, 09:26:12 AM
I bought a Raptor 20ga at WallyWorld 2 years ago for my daughter. Put a Vortex Venom on it with a dovetail mount along with a Carlsons Turkey Choke. Really like the gun. I paid $299 for it to boot.

Any issues with the dovetail mount moving? Which mount did you use? The one I saw was a bit thicker, making the red dot a bit higher off receiver/bore.

Uncle Tom

Quote from: b wilt on March 18, 2023, 08:41:14 AM
I'm eyeing the 870 Fieldmaster although I dont need it.
I got one in 20 ga and you will need it if you get one

sixbird

Quote from: robertsj2221 on March 14, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Glades on March 14, 2023, 11:31:07 AM
Semis under $600: Mossberg SA-20 Turkey, Weatherby Element Turkey, Stoeger 3020, Tristar Viper G2
Is it true these are all made by the same people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Mossberg and the TriStar are both Turkish guns. I think both made by Armson (sp.)
Stoeger is made by Benelli but I think in a different factory (maybe Turkey also).

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: sixbird on March 20, 2023, 09:51:43 PM
Quote from: robertsj2221 on March 14, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Glades on March 14, 2023, 11:31:07 AM
Semis under $600: Mossberg SA-20 Turkey, Weatherby Element Turkey, Stoeger 3020, Tristar Viper G2
Is it true these are all made by the same people

The Mossberg and the TriStar are both Turkish guns. I think both made by Armson (sp.)
Stoeger is made by Benelli but I think in a different factory (maybe Turkey also).

I think that's right.  The Mossberg and Tristar are both gas operated while the Stoeger and Weatherby are both inertia driven.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

quackaddict

I got an M3020 compact this year and am very pleased with it so far. Only run maybe 50-75 shells through it so far, but I like it. I do wish the barrel was a couple inches shorter if I'm being nit-picky.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Vintage

sixbird

Mossberg and TriStar seem to be pretty good guns.
Weatherby was having issues with their guns years back but that could well be straightened out.
Stoeger...I'd be leery of them. I know a lot of guys will be offended because that's "their" gun but I've read of so many problems with them.
Just my opinion...No offense to anyone.