turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Perfect vest

Started by delta hunter, March 11, 2023, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Were screwed. The perfect vest is not made. But I believe some strides are being made. I waiting for some field reviews of the new M2. Good luck with what you have and your choices.

wyetterp

Quote from: BDeal on March 13, 2023, 09:04:46 AM
That is really disappointing to hear about the Grounded. I was just about to order one but probably won't now. I looked at the M2 as well but it appears it basically has 2 little pockets and you have to pay to add more.

The new 2.0 supposedly has reinforced all the stitching & stream lined the straps. At least they are listening to feedback.

I personally love the og version regardless. Very well laid out & comfy. No vest is perfect anyway.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

RMP

The Will Primos Signature vest is about the best I've ever owned.  I like just about everything about it.

The Ol Tom Gunslinger is very well designed, too.

Turkeybutt

I like my Nomad MG NXT Turkey Vest. Used it the last three years without a problem. I added a few pouches here or there but I'm happy with it.

Spurs

Best vest I've ever worn (and still wear) is the original Tactical Tat'r.  My only problem was there is no 'dedicated' thermacel place, but I fixed that with a zip-tie where the water bottle spot is on the side.  That vest has been a thousand miles with me and is still holding up like it is brand new.  Maybe a tad faded, but not enough to make a difference on the 5 gobblers I got last year in four states.
This year is going to suck!!!

Old Timer

Quote from: Spurs on March 14, 2023, 08:39:42 AM
Best vest I've ever worn (and still wear) is the original Tactical Tat'r.  My only problem was there is no 'dedicated' thermacel place, but I fixed that with a zip-tie where the water bottle spot is on the side.  That vest has been a thousand miles with me and is still holding up like it is brand new.  Maybe a tad faded, but not enough to make a difference on the 5 gobblers I got last year in four states.
That's a keeper!

BDeal

Quote from: wyetterp on March 14, 2023, 04:11:07 AM
That is really disappointing to hear about the Grounded. I was just about to order one but probably won't now. I looked at the M2 as well but it appears it basically has 2 little pockets and you have to pay to add more.

The new 2.0 supposedly has reinforced all the stitching & stream lined the straps. At least they are listening to feedback.

I personally love the og version regardless. Very well laid out & comfy. No vest is perfect anyway.

Sorry what is the og version? Thanks!

wyetterp

Quote from: BDeal on March 14, 2023, 11:30:54 AM

Sorry the original version. The older one. Version 1.
I think only the 2.0 are on the site now. You can tell
the difference at a quick glance by if the sternum strap
buckle is on the front of the shoulder strap. 

BDeal

Quote from: wyetterp on March 14, 2023, 01:32:19 PM
Quote from: BDeal on March 14, 2023, 11:30:54 AM

Sorry the original version. The older one. Version 1.
I think only the 2.0 are on the site now. You can tell
the difference at a quick glance by if the sternum strap
buckle is on the front of the shoulder strap.

Gotcha! Why do you like the first version better?

philbilly223

I have an ALPS Grand Slam that I really like.  I took out the frame so it doesnt weigh so much and it has plenty of pockets for my needs.  The only issue I had was one of the loops on a zipper came loose, but some electrical tape fixed it. 

Bedge7767

Jim

RED NECK

I don't think its plausible to there ever being a "perfect" vest, for everyone. I was always wanting more, and after deciding that I would always be chasing my own tail looking I ended up staying with my LL bean vest and my RnG 300 for when It gets warm out. I just cut way back on what I carried for calls and I would probably not wear one if I didn't need to carry my clothing around, I have been looking at using a backpack a little this year, Ive dabbled with everything else and went back to a vest.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

wyetterp

Quote from: BDeal on March 14, 2023, 03:10:30 PM

Gotcha! Why do you like the first version better?
[/quote]

I meant even with the few shortcomings of the original version, I still love the vest. Durability will be the true test this season. All in all I like the design & layout very much. Very comfortable and well organized. Great vest imo.  Never really meant the v1 is better or I like the v1 more. I am kinda frustrated as well that I have a pruner pocket stitching already coming loose & I'll be paying close attention to all the stitching through the season. At least I can easily fix it. For the op it must not have held up well, which really stinks. I'm also curious how mine holds up because I'm not easy on anything & won't be babying it for sure. 

Similar to the op issue & will be about durability. For the price it should take a beating.

The new version (2.0) grounded is just improving a few things the customers wanted, like better stitching & redesign of the buckles & straps.

If you're thinking about getting one it is an awesome vest design. The 2.0 is evolving & they're apparently listening to the customers.

Unless we start getting flooded with a lot of negative reviews, which the track record is pretty good so far, I'd also say if you find a deal on the original version & want to save some money, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. Hopefully I feel the same way by the end of the season.

To the op.....
I am curious if you reached out to grounded about the issue? I'm curious how their customer service is. Or some more details on what all exactly happened with the straps.

But I 100% understand if the op has a bad taste in his mouth if it only lasted a season. If mine only lasts a season I'd probably be looking for another company too.

Guess it's something to pay attention to. It's not often I hear anything to bad with them.

delta hunter

I never contacted the company. I took the vest to an old woman and had her repair the stitching in the bad places and reattach the seat, but stitched with braided fishing line.

TauntoHawk

Turkey Vests might be the only thing more personal preference than hunting boots

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>