OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you learn this season?

Started by Footballer, June 24, 2011, 02:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I learned you can get into some pretty funny conversations full od advise with local turkey hunting experts at the turkey call section at Wal-Mart right before and during turkey season.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

cahaba

Patience gets more birds to the gun. The birds I hunt are hunted heavily. It took me 3 hours and very soft calling to kill my last bird of the season. Also I find the more I improve on my woodsmanship the more successful I am. Also the great info from OG helped alot. Cant wait for another spring God willing.

gob09

i learned hunt some where other than your brother who has tons  of vacation time to kill all the turkey on a spot before you go in and hear nothing
also keep scouting reports to yourself

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on December 06, 2011, 10:40:51 AM
i learned hunt some where other than your brother who has tons  of vacation time to kill all the turkey on a spot before you go in and hear nothing
also keep scouting reports to yourself
''to-chache"
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

campcreekfarm

El Pavo Grande

I learned with my new hunting buddy, my turkey hunting focus is changing a little.  (Sorry, don't know how to resize picture).

Footballer

I also learned to not give up after I miss a bird. Nothing is more frustrating than working a bird and sneaking up on a bird only to miss and watch him fly off. This happened to me this past spring, but I kept hunting and ended up taking a bird later that same day.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

BrowningGuy88

That I enjoy just being out there! I called in 4 coyotes and killed them all and chased one aggravating tom all season and never pulled the trigger. Tried to get my little sister a shot on him one morning she was with me. Had him at 25 steps and there was a tree between him and her. A coyote came trotting in. I should have shot the turkey then the yote, but I didn't have the heart to kill that bird after she had sat ther for 3 hours waiting on him.

I guess I learned I am not quite as selfish as I thought I was about pulling the trigger. Also was reminded that if you intend on killing a bird, you better keep his hang out to yourself! I tipped my grandfather and stepdad off to 4 nice toms! That was okay though - glad they got 'em!

gobbler777

Get tuned into all the sights and sounds of the spring woods as there are great treasures out there. Got my best photos of a young fox that I squeaked into my boot.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

gophert

I learned that NOTHING compares to spending time with your daughter practicing shooting the shotgun, laughing how she "names" every hen she sees, and sharing the tree with her as she pulls the trigger on her very first bird......AND GETTING THE MEMORY ALL ON VIDEO TO LAST A LIFETIME.

...and then getting to share it:  enjoy our memory from 2011

http://youtu.be/PN8lPFbm-Pk

rrhunter

I learned that in the words of the great tom Kelly "a turkey is a hard thing to giveaway,and when you call one in for another fella that is what you're doing.And that's just hard to do!
COME MARCH 15th.....HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!!!!

jblackburn

I learned (re-learned) patience.  The year before last I could not make a mistake.  I tagged out in Missouri and Kansas and called in 7 more birds for other people.  I saw 11 gobblers die.  Last year I took a jake with a bow and finally managed to get a gobbler in the last week of the OK season.  In KS I called in three gobblers for my buddies and missed one myself.  Patience is key, sometimes I lack it, though.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Wycliff

JohnnieB

I learned that it ain't over till its over. We can only hunt until noon in NY and I shot my bird at 11:52.