OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Because we all need a little insanity in our lives

Started by Gooserbat, March 08, 2023, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNGobbler

Cowboy

Quote from: guesswho on March 08, 2023, 04:00:45 PM
I need to buy that to use when I wear my Fox vest.
I was thinking that same thing earlier.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

You would look pretty spiffy in your Fox vest toting that 1187. Better hunting through aggressive spending!

Tom007

And believe it or not, the Greenleaf 870 in mint condition could break that mark.....WOW

RED NECK

Its crazy the price they can go for, I bought a few older 1187's in mint shape last year, I sold the greenleaf for more than double what I paid for it and kept the 1187 that I liked the most anyway, I would never pay that price,I paid $800 for one and more than doubled my profit, and I bought and sold a Sp-10 and made double what I paid off of it as well. I really don't even like the camo patterns, but I knew I could make money eventually off them, Lots of money to be made with buying and selling the  firearms that people want......I kept one that has a little wear on it and I kept the 25th anniversary nwtf version because I just happend to find I really liked that gun,  the only reason why I wont get it drilled and tapped is because someday, somebody may want it more than I do.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

HillclimberWV

Is it nostalgia or is there something mechanically superior about these models that set them apart from the other 1187 out there. Seems like it would be easy enough to buy a plain one and have sumtoy chop and thread it then have it dipped in bottomland.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Cmane08

And if you walk in the right hunting store or pawn shop you can buy one for $500.  Ain't life something!

strum

Im thinking about jumping in and bidding on that!!!   NOT

GuideGun

I saw one of these a year ago in a gunshop for $500.  Without box, but dang.
Matt

jhoward11

I could buy 2 of the new Bone Collector guns for that price. Or, 4 sessions with a shrink to tell me how crazy I am! I'll go with the shrink!!!

Tom007

Well, this is a world record sale for an 1187 Greenleaf for sure. With 3 hrs left on Gunbroker it's up to $4,325.00. Unreal.........

RED NECK

I wish I would have got that for mine when I sold it. But thats pocket change for a lot of people, I never would pay that because I am in the middle class blue collar % but I don't see why others have issues with how people spend their money in life. I could buy 7-8 turkey guns I actually liked for that price. I love the hunt for guns people want and If I can purchase them for a price where it is beneficial to me, in a personal or business area of my life I buy them because I enjoy it.

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 09, 2023, 04:35:51 PM
I wish I would have got that for mine when I sold it. But thats pocket change for a lot of people, I never would pay that because I am in the middle class blue collar % but I don't see why others have issues with how people spend their money in life. I could buy 7-8 turkey guns I actually liked for that price. I love the hunt for guns people want and If I can purchase them for a price where it is beneficial to me, in a personal or business area of my life I buy them because I enjoy it.

100%, agree. If someone loves something and has the financial wherewithal to be able to buy it, god bless them. That's what life is all about.......I posted this so all the Old Remi collectors hear encouraging info that their investment equities are climbing in leaps and bounds.....Kudos

RED NECK

I havent seen any in almost a year, I must have hit the jackpot last winter and early spring, I did well, I still have 3 of the older Rem's I bought and more than doubled my profit on both I sold, I have still never seen an old 870 in bottomland or greenleaf, I've been looking too, Im ready to snatch up 1-2 Rem's this year as I have been good and only picked up a Browning bps .410 with the 24" and a Weatherby Element 20 gauge with the 22".

Howieg

I sold a BL 1187 2 years ago in good condition for 500 ,,, should've  waiting a while I reckon ?