only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where y’all going this year?

Started by slave601, March 03, 2023, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathfoot

Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 06, 2023, 10:23:29 AM
Quote from: deathfoot on March 03, 2023, 09:40:31 PM
Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming and then Montana. Plus my home state Virginia.

My biggest turkey hunt trip to date. Finally saved enough enough vacation time to take this much time off. And I'm looking forward to this solo trip to get away from it all!
Goodluck! Sounds like an awesome trip.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thank you. Can't work to blow off work for a good while. ????

darron

My home state of Ohio will keep me busy enough.

darron

Quote from: Hooksfan on March 05, 2023, 08:19:02 PM
I will be staying mostly home in Missouri and a late season hunt in Michigan. I will be retiring after 30 years teaching high school history and next year I plan on hitting some states that have been bucket lists for a while. I will be looking at some New Mexico draws and maybe Montana. Also, my son is about to head to his first duty station in the Air Force and will be in New Jersey. Figured I may as well look into that one as well.

Congrats on the retirement. Educator myself. I have to go 35. Sure isn't a very "turkey friendly" profession.

Chad Gus715

Just locally now, unexpectedly drew an arizona archery elk tag, all of my hunting budget and most of my vacation time will be devoted to that trip

Magdump

In the following order:

Alabama
Delaware
Connecticut
New Hampshire

Southernson13

Quote from: Magdump on March 11, 2023, 11:48:18 AM
In the following order:

Alabama
Delaware
Connecticut
New Hampshire

What dates ate you going to be in CT? I'm headed there after NJ and NY.

Cut N Run

Not going outside of 4-5 counties here in North Carolina. 

The good thing is that I just scored exclusive rights to a farm that gets no pressure and the owner has been seeing 3 grown longbeards most days lately. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

bwall3220

South Carolina
Kentucky
Arkansas (home state)
Missouri (might as well be home state)
Colorado
Maryland
Delaware
Washington

High plains drifter

Nebraska,south Dakota,Saskatchewan.

SDK

Sticking close to home in MA. Im heavily involved with youth softball so spring is a balancing act for me. Im more likely to range in the fall.

Magdump

In the following order:

Alabama
Delaware
Connecticut
New Hampshire

Updated state list.  The outfitter in Alabama cancelled on us less than a week from opening day and we had reserved with him almost a year ago. So far he has only refunded 1/2 of our deposits back.   Lost my shirt on my airfare and AL hunting license costs. Thanks buddy!

Got New Jersey locked in for next Spring though, very excited about that, pure running and gunning.

New state list:

Delaware
Connecticut
New Hampshire
New York

Magdump

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 24, 2023, 10:12:50 AM
In the following order:

Alabama
Delaware
Connecticut
New Hampshire

What dates ate you going to be in CT? I'm headed there after NJ and NY.

Using the Connecticut 3 day license, Monday May 1st - 3rd.  Strictly archery gear too!  We camp and hunt on my best friend's bosses's land-remote area near Winsted.  Last year we only had 4 jakes come in, they were gobbling hard though.  Got great videos of them.  Opted to pass as we do this tradition every Spring.  We are hopeful they all survived the year and are now nice 2 year olds that are stupid and aggressive!

Good luck and stay safe!

bwall3220

I need help finding a connection in Conn for next year if anybody has one, i've already got MA & RI booked without any luck finding anything in Conn....thought it'd be worth a shot to ask? Good luck to everybody!

Spurs Up

Quote from: bwall3220 on March 25, 2023, 08:58:34 AM
I need help finding a connection in Conn for next year if anybody has one, i've already got MA & RI booked without any luck finding anything in Conn....thought it'd be worth a shot to ask? Good luck to everybody!

Try the area around Winsted. I hear there's a bunch of 2 year-old birds there this year.  :anim_25: