turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF3 Battery Cover Issues?

Started by BDeal, February 28, 2023, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Haven't had any problem changing batteries in mine. I wonder if they had a run of ones that
were off from a Q.C. standard? I have heard of this problem enough that could be the case.
At least Burris is making it right by replacing the covers.

BDeal

Quote from: topnotch on February 28, 2023, 10:07:28 PM
:I called them last year and they know there's an issue.
After several attempts it went on.
Other than that it's the best optics lve ever had on a shotgun.

I wish they had the shake awake feature and auto shutoff as well. This is my first reflex sight so I don't have any experience to compare to.

FL-Boss

FF3 does have auto shut off.. like 12 hours

bigdrumnc

Duracell battery was a much easier choice for me.

PV266

It's why I use Vortex now...too many other brands out there that don't have this issue.

BDeal

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 01, 2023, 12:09:14 PM
FF3 does have auto shut off.. like 12 hours

Good to know! I did not see that in the manual but searched online and it said 9 hours. Thanks for the info!!

BDeal

Quote from: PV266 on March 01, 2023, 12:43:28 PM
It's why I use Vortex now...too many other brands out there that don't have this issue.

Which Vortex? I believe the Venom is very similar to the Burris and also has issues with the battery covers.

WV Flopper

I have three of them. Two are perfect with no issues ever. The last one I bought for a 410 I have had trouble with. Proper sized screw driver aligned well with a little down pressure seems to have got it squared away.

Using a Energizer battery in all of them

PV266

I do have a couple of venoms and several fastfires.  I've had nothing but aggravation with the fastfires but I personally haven't with the venoms although I could image their problems would be similar.  It's probably a crap shoot either way.  Good luck

Quote from: BDeal on March 01, 2023, 12:54:53 PM
Quote from: PV266 on March 01, 2023, 12:43:28 PM

Which Vortex? I believe the Venom is very similar to the Burris and also has issues with the battery covers.

BDeal

Quote from: PV266 on March 02, 2023, 08:47:26 AM
I do have a couple of venoms and several fastfires.  I've had nothing but aggravation with the fastfires but I personally haven't with the venoms although I could image their problems would be similar.  It's probably a crap shoot either way.  Good luck

Have you had issues with the Fastfires other than the ridiculous battery covers?

PV266

The fastfires are fine.  No performance issues my biggest complaint is the battery covers.  I personally like having more brightness settings than 3, and haven't experienced battery cover issues with the Venoms.  So. I made the change to Vortex.  I also like the 6 moa on the Venom versus 8 or 3 on the fiastfire.  All personal choices of course.

BDeal

Well Burris sent a new battery cover and it doesn't screw on with the battery in place so I'm sending the sight back for replacement or repair. Just a terrible design for the battery cover. I will certainly never buy another.

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on March 07, 2023, 12:30:50 PM
Well Burris sent a new battery cover and it doesn't screw on with the battery in place so I'm sending the sight back for replacement or repair. Just a terrible design for the battery cover. I will certainly never buy another.
Amen, me either ...

BDeal

Just an update here. I sent the sight back to Burris for replacement or repair. I just got a message that they are sending me a new one.

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on March 16, 2023, 11:57:04 AM
Just an update here. I sent the sight back to Burris for replacement or repair. I just got a message that they are sending me a new one.
I would message them back or call them and tell them to install the battery please before sending the replacement ... You know what i mean... LOL...