Main Menu

Boss Tom ammo????

Started by slave601, February 13, 2023, 05:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

Anyone shooting these? 2oz load in a 20 gauge and 724 pellets 9 shot
"thinnin the flock"

runngun

I shot some of them, and my gun didn't like them. Foxtrot ammo or Apex for me and mine.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ShortMagFan

I shoot them. They shoot well in my two guns and have killed a Tom every time I've pulled the trigger in the field.

Aaron Johnson

I shoot them ! And like them !

slave601

Are y'all running a more open constriction choke or somewhat tight?
"thinnin the flock"

randywallace

They shoot excellent in my setup which is an 870 youth compact with a JEBs .555.

Mine shoots a pretty hot core (consistent 410 to 425 pellets in 10inch at 40), which could probably be even tighter if I opened up the choke to a .562, .565 or .570.

If these shells don't shoot in your setup, it is likely just a matter of altering the choke to put the pellets where you want them.  To the best of my understanding, they are the only 2oz 20 gauge TSS load on the market.  Pretty nice folks to speak with as well.

slave601

Quote from: randywallace on February 14, 2023, 01:51:19 PM
They shoot excellent in my setup which is an 870 youth compact with a JEBs .555.

Mine shoots a pretty hot core (consistent 410 to 425 pellets in 10inch at 40), which could probably be even tighter if I opened up the choke to a .562, .565 or .570.

If these shells don't shoot in your setup, it is likely just a matter of altering the choke to put the pellets where you want them.  To the best of my understanding, they are the only 2oz 20 gauge TSS load on the market.  Pretty nice folks to speak with as well.
That's crazy numbers for a 20 gauge. I plan on maybe a .562 Indian creek for my franchi affinity.
"thinnin the flock"