Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which hunting "celebrity" would you most like to turkey hunt with?

Started by drenalinld, June 21, 2011, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

sugarray

I would much rather share a tree with any OG members, especially the one that has gone above and beyond to help me this past year.   

To pick a TV personality though, David Blanton from Realtree and Brad Farris from Primos.   Just have been my favorites for a long time.

LAWRENCE BOY

Gobble
Gobble

BOOM

flintlock

I have been blessed to meet and hunt w/some great folks on here!  I'd have to stick w/the home crowd, hands down.   

Come on April!              YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

chcltlabz

For me, it would be Ray Eye.  I've done shows with him in the past, and really admire his style of hunting and his approach to what most consider "uncallable" birds.  He's a hoot to be around too.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Yooper

I'd pick Ray Eye too, if for no other reason than to hear him run a call or two.

guesswho

I'd like to go with Ray Eye and see if he could call one up with his squealing hen call.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

Quote from: guesswho on June 29, 2011, 08:05:28 PM
I'd like to go with Ray Eye and see if he could call one up with his squealing hen call.

Wrong guy. Ray Eye didn't discover the squeeling hen call. That was done by Eddie Salter. BTW I heard the squeeling hen the other day. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I got in the backyard. My Rhode Island red rooster was whippin the tar out of my gobbler, Buddy, and he was squeeling like a hen.lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Old Gobbler

Turkey Hunting is a participation activity not a spectator sport like soccer , football etc... We our selves get to play the game and enjoy it first hand- Me , you , and the guy in the next pine block are the Babe Ruth of turkey hunting - 

I reality there is no superstar Micheal Jordan for turkey hunting and one is not needed , no mater how hard some corporate entity try's to convince you that your happiness , validation, or  peer approval comes from admiring a fabricated TV persona

I cant speak for the rest of you but I wish there were some more down to earth folks doing shows rather than some cookie cutter guy and girl combo's "with too much makeup on", these combo's all look the same ,there must be a dozen of them all trying to be the next Lee and Tiffany {no disrespect}
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

guesswho

Quote from: TRKYHTR on June 29, 2011, 11:06:21 PM
Quote from: guesswho on June 29, 2011, 08:05:28 PM

Wrong guy. Ray Eye didn't discover the squeeling hen call. That was done by Eddie Salter. BTW I heard the squeeling hen the other day. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I got in the backyard. My Rhode Island red rooster was whippin the tar out of my gobbler, Buddy, and he was squeeling like a hen.lol

TRKYHTR
That shows how much I know about it.  So scratch Ray Eye for me.  I think I'd like to go with TRKYHTR now.  He knows how to blow a diaphram call and I need to learn how.  Plus the chances of seeing a bird die would be pretty good.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chcltlabz

Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 29, 2011, 11:45:42 PM
Turkey Hunting is a participation activity not a spectator sport like soccer , football etc... We our selves get to play the game and enjoy it first hand- Me , you , and the guy in the next pine block are the Babe Ruth of turkey hunting - 

I reality there is no superstar Micheal Jordan for turkey hunting and one is not needed , no mater how hard some corporate entity try's to convince you that your happiness , validation, or  peer approval comes from admiring a fabricated TV persona

I cant speak for the rest of you but I wish there were some more down to earth folks doing shows rather than some cookie cutter guy and girl combo's "with too much makeup on", these combo's all look the same ,there must be a dozen of them all trying to be the next Lee and Tiffany {no disrespect}

I am by no means a celebrity.  Never been on TV, have no desire to even film my hunts.  I do however put on a lot of seminars, usually on waterfowl hunting, but occasionally turkey.  Take the over the top TV personalities out of the discussion, and there are some really great folks out there, and many on the list I've met.  I'm sure there are plenty of these folks who are in it for the fame and celebrity status, but there are lots more who put on seminars and talk to folks because they genuinely love the sport of hunting and like to talk to folks about hunting and even maybe teach something they've learned to someone else.  A lot of the same reasons folks get on websites like this one.

You are absolutely right, those type of folks are not superstars, and I don't think they want to be, so I see nothing wrong with wanting to share a day afield with them the same way you'd want to share a day afield with your neighbor or anyone from this site.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: chcltlabz on June 30, 2011, 07:55:15 AM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 29, 2011, 11:45:42 PM

I am by no means a celebrity.  Never been on TV, have no desire to even film my hunts.  I do however put on a lot of seminars, usually on waterfowl hunting, but occasionally turkey.  Take the over the top TV personalities out of the discussion, and there are some really great folks out there, and many on the list I've met.  I'm sure there are plenty of these folks who are in it for the fame and celebrity status, but there are lots more who put on seminars and talk to folks because they genuinely love the sport of hunting and like to talk to folks about hunting and even maybe teach something they've learned to someone else.  A lot of the same reasons folks get on websites like this one.

You are absolutely right, those type of folks are not superstars, and I don't think they want to be, so I see nothing wrong with wanting to share a day afield with them the same way you'd want to share a day afield with your neighbor or anyone from this site.
Good points and well made ,but I am referring to the over the top types like you mentioned -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

vaturkey

Vaturkey

3.5inchpainfulldeath

GobbleNut

I wanna hunt with that dude that killed that "Merriams-color-phase" Eastern turkey in Alabamy with his bow!  ....And then got hisself a big ole ear-tagged wild hawg with a spear!  Now that boy is a real celebrity hunter if there ever was one!  We all could learn a thing or two from that feller! 
....Maybe he will raffle off a hunt for one of us lucky peons....I can only dream of the chance.....

:newmascot:     :newmascot:     :newmascot: