OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who on here owns the most turkey vests?

Started by Tail Feathers, February 05, 2023, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

How many do you own?
I'm a lightweight with three, and one of those is for my grandson.

Seeing some posts on here about vests made wonder who the OG champ is.  And no one can show this to the wives. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ChesterCopperpot

I might own the least. Zero. Actually never owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I DON'T WAIT TO SAY ...  :TooFunny:   And i will never say i have the most...

runngun

I will give this a shot!!! I think I have 7 (seven) maybe 8. So many of them I don't remember all of the names.
Tactical tat'r from Cabelas, actually has most use. Has the kickstand
HS from Bass Pro, wide flip down seat
Ol Tom, time and motion
Ol Tom run &gun
One from Nomad, year before last this one has a sunglass holder on the back. It's definitely green
Primos, an older one pretty good vest
Mossy oak that is way to hot.

I have more!!!! Just can't remember all the names,  I have even gave about 4 away to friends and their kids!!! I need more friends and kids

Have a good one and May God bless y'all
Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bowguy

I've owned many but I can't use them all so once I get more than 2 I usually find a kid, mentee, etc I let use it one day than tell them to keep it especially if they were successful wearing it.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Turkeybutt

I have two plus a Glenda Green satchel. But in my defense the one vest I haven't used in years and should give it to my daughter in law to use.

Upfold99

Three

Super Elite 3
RNG 200
Alps Grand Slam

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Stick

I have a handful.
Ol Tom Gunslinger - my current favorite that I wore last season
Cabela's Tactical Tatr - has seen the most miles and earned a spot in the closet
K&H RNG 300
Grounded Impact - too big for me, never worn and will sale when I get my post count up.
Some kinda seat with a pouch on the side that you throw over your shoulder - probably Primos.  The wife uses it when she goes
Another that I gave to my oldest daughter, but I can't remember the make/model.

ScottTaulbee

I have a few, 5 or 6. I've owned a bunch more but have given them away or sold them. Looking to get rid of the ones I have left, as I ordered the Sitka one yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

I think I have at least five vests in various corners of the house.  I haven't worn a vest turkey hunting in years, preferring instead to wear cargo pants and a daypack.  For the type of hunting I generally do, a vest is way too cumbersome and I don't need all the pockets and gadgetry most of them have. 

Quick story: Years ago when I was actively involved with the NWTF, we would pick up vests at clearance sales dirt cheap to give away as prizes and such at events.  One time years ago, going across Texas for a hunt, A friend and I stopped in at a Walmart to pick up our licenses and they had a whole bin of turkey vests on clearance for $15 bucks each (this was before Texans knew that anybody hunted turkeys for anything other than target practice on the deer stand,...and why would someone need a vest to do it?   ;D ).  We bought about twenty of them.  At one time I had probably a dozen hanging in a closet.  I still have a couple that are brand new...still have the tags on them.  Just haven't found the right home for them yet.   :D

guesswho

I have one real lightweight vest.   I haven't seen it in about five years so I'd probably have a hard time finding it if I did decide to use it.   I even had it customized with a couple extra pockets and zippers. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

snoman4

In my over 40 years of hunting ive never owned one so it is definitely not me.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Old Timer

Officially 2.
A 35 year old saf-t-bak
25 year old Cabeals tire vest
Just ordered a Badlands to try. I did the no vest deal just to uncomfortable foe me on long sits.

Tail Feathers

Kind of surprised to see some long time hunters who never owned a vest. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!