OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Solo or with friends and family?

Started by Tom007, February 05, 2023, 07:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

That's a good question.  I enjoy both.  I've killed a lot of birds both on the gun and on the call when hunting as a team, but I've without a doubt killed more hunting solo.  Personally I enjoy both, but remember when hunting as a team your level of enthusiasm can't push ahead of the other hunter to the point of making it unenjoyable for them. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

zelmo1

I enjoy both. I absoloutely kill more birds solo, but I think I enjoy it a little more now with a partner. It is my wife now and it is awesome. She is no "Joe", he is one of a kind, but we have fun. I say enjoy every hunt no matter the circumstance. Not hard to sell hunt time to a turkey hunter. Good luck and god bless, Z

Jbird22

I enjoy hunting alone, with my son, or with certain friends. It's all fun to me. Some of my favorite hunts are ones where someone else pulled the trigger.

Cowboy

I just enjoy being there. Doesn't matter if I'm on the gun or not to me. I like sharing the hunt with other close family members. Really don't think I've taken anyone other than family though. Wife, kids, Dad or  brother. 

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Happy

If I am trying to kill a turkey I will almost always go solo. If someone else is with me then they are on the gun. Come to think of it I have never had someone else call up a bird that I have killed.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ctrize

I'm a solo guy,but open to teaching anyone about turkey hunting.I think more about the people in my family I sure would  like to have taken but  never got the chance. I think it was Ben Lee who said "Turkey hunters and Old turkeys were meant to go one on one."

eddie234

No one in my family was a hunter, everything hunting related has been self taught. I usually go alone however sometimes, when I can get him out of bed, I'll take my brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CALLM2U

My kneejerk response is "alone".  But when I think about about my most memorable hunts, they're overwhelmingly with other people. 

I've passed the phase of needing to kill a bird so perhaps that's why.  Last year I called up a longbeard for a family member and they promptly missed him at about 25 yards.  They were :angry9:   It didn't bother me in the slightest.  To me, that just meant we got to chase another one.  Which we did BTW, later that day I called in the largest gobbler he's ever killed.