OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Coon traps

Started by wchadw, January 30, 2023, 12:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

NCSWAMPFOX

TurkeysForTomorrow

Thank you @wchadw for sharing the link to our dog proof raccoon traps. We've been sold out for quite some time, but we just got another shipment in last week. We are proud to offer a great quality product from our partners at NOBS Lures to our customer base for as cheap as possible (our price does include shipping anywhere in the US)!

We're not here to say trapping is the only viable solution, but it's a great way to give turkeys a fighting chance when other options for wildlife management are limited. Habitat creation/improvement is equally important and should done in conjunction with any predator removal. But we understand that habitat projects are far more involved and there's many cases where lease agreements or property ownership is a limiting factor of what changes can be made to habitat. Those individuals wanting to give the turkeys on their property another avenue for successful nesting/brooding have access to a great deal on our website, thanks for the share!

Rockhound

Your correct but turkeys start with the egg!

wchadw

Quote from: TurkeysForTomorrow on February 02, 2023, 02:18:13 PM
Thank you @wchadw for sharing the link to our dog proof raccoon traps. We've been sold out for quite some time, but we just got another shipment in last week. We are proud to offer a great quality product from our partners at NOBS Lures to our customer base for as cheap as possible (our price does include shipping anywhere in the US)!

We're not here to say trapping is the only viable solution, but it's a great way to give turkeys a fighting chance when other options for wildlife management are limited. Habitat creation/improvement is equally important and should done in conjunction with any predator removal. But we understand that habitat projects are far more involved and there's many cases where lease agreements or property ownership is a limiting factor of what changes can be made to habitat. Those individuals wanting to give the turkeys on their property another avenue for successful nesting/brooding have access to a great deal on our website, thanks for the share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

I am setting up four DP's out on my ground tomorrow.

wchadw

Set out 30 other day

wchadw

Got a few

wchadw

More coons

guesswho

What are you using for bait?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wchadw

Quote from: guesswho on February 26, 2023, 08:54:31 PM
What are you using for bait?
Dry cat food and a squirt of salmon oil

guesswho

Thanks.  I may try that.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

treein dixie

Quote from: wchadw on February 03, 2023, 06:03:21 PM

Set out 30 other day

How you get them down when they climb the tree?

wchadw

Quote from: treein dixie on February 26, 2023, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: wchadw on February 03, 2023, 06:03:21 PM

Set out 30 other day

How you get them down when they climb the tree?
Never had one climb. There's not enough slack for them to get up. Others trees I use a screw in eye and attach

Sir-diealot

@wchadw I just noticed that is attached to a tree, you can't do that here, ground stakes only if I understood my course right. Oh and drags.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."