turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Rig Upgrades

Started by Moore, January 25, 2023, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

So this season I'm going to upgrade my Mossberg 500. I'm looking to upgrade  my choke too if you read my earlier thread. I'm looking to change from the truglo gobbler stopper to vortex venom. I like there is more field of view on it. Just wondering how many have use the venom and your experience with this red dot the good and the bad.
[

guesswho

I used a couple for several years without any issues.   Just recently went with Holosuns.   I just prefer green over red.   But absolutely no problems with either. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Turkeybutt

I have a Vortex Venom on a couple of my turkey guns but 2 years ago I want to Holosun. Both Vortex and Holosun are great but I prefer the Holosun. I do have a red and green dot and like Greg said "Go Green" as I like it over the red.

Tail Feathers

Vortex has a good reputation.  But as others said, I like green.  I got a Swampfox Kingslayer green circle dot and I like it.  No flaring like red dots do for me.
As far as chokes, lots of good choices out there.  I see a lot of fans of Indian Creek on the boards, but most of those guys are shooting TSS.  I'm a Carlson's choke fan.  Not expensive and give me real good hunting patterns (with TSS).
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

PV266

I just picked up a Primary arms slx 1x.  It has an etched reticle which is helpful for folks with astigmatism and the sight it bright and clear.  I haven't hunted with it yet, but I have hunted with everything from Aimpoint micro's  to the Venom and I like the features of this SLX as much if not more than the other optics I've used. 

The venom is a great site, I actually like it better than the fast fire. It's easier to put batteries in it and I like being able to manually adjust the dot intensity with more options than the three on a fastfire.

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 26, 2023, 10:54:53 AM
Vortex has a good reputation.  But as others said, I like green.  I got a Swampfox Kingslayer green circle dot and I like it.  No flaring like red dots do for me.

This...the Swampfox Kingslayer is outstanding. I love the green circle dot.

Moore

Thanks guys for the info. I didn't realize there was a green dot version. Now you gave me something to consider.
[

Hook hanger

I have a venom on a gun that has killed a few birds. Very fine sight no problems with it.

Jmillwood21

I put a holosun on mine last year with a green dot and it's pretty nice.

KYFrid

What version of Holosun are ya'll running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Both of mine are HE507C-GR2
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sixes

Another vote for the green Holosun 507

Moore

Ever since Guesswho mention that sight I have been  leaning towards that Holosun sight. I didn't realize there was a green option. My current one the gobbler stopper has a red and green and I always ran that green sight.
[

Mossberg90MN

I love my vortex venom. No regrets whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk