OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many trumpets do you carry ???

Started by Yoder409, July 21, 2022, 10:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Just doing a little more research in putting together a holster/carrying system for trumpet calls.

Trying to decide if I should do something for 2 trumpets or 3.  Thinking any more than a capacity of 3 would become too big and bulky.   What would be more suitable for your own style of hunting ??

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

HookedonHooks

I typically never carry more than 2 but most of the time just one.

I would think having both an option for two or three would be great, a lot of guys that carry one just keep it around their neck.

gmbellew

1 trumpet around my neck and 1 jordan style yelper in a striker pocket.

outdoors

Two  ,, sometimes three. Rarely but I have Four
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

wchadw

I'll carry a couple options in truck but usually only one around my neck when I go in woods. Sometime I'll stick another option like a wingbone or different mouthpiece in my bag
But usually just one trumpet and other calls like pots box and soft talker or scratch box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: gmbellew on July 21, 2022, 10:46:23 AM
1 trumpet around my neck and 1 jordan style yelper in a striker pocket.
That's me. One around the neck and a Permar improved Jordan that never comes out of the striker pocket.

GregGwaltney

Usually 1, maybe a 2nd one stored in my vest just in case.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

SwampRooster17

Only 1

turkey stew

1 or 2. A 2 and 3 trumpet case would be good.

Greg Massey

Myself 1 , because i carry other calls , but a guy who just mainly carries trumpets , i could see at least 2 if not 3 ... but to even out the weight for them i would stick with a 2 holster and a single holster ..IMO        3 or more could be a special order

ol bob

Gobbler428

I carry two trumpets, one around my neck and the other in a long pocket in my satchel.

Tarheel

For a long time, I carried two trumpets....for whatever reason, at times, I just wouldn't like the sound or the turkeys wouldn't like the sound I was getting out of one or the other of the trumpets I was using, so I would switch to the other one.  For the last 4-5 years, I only carry one.

crow

two is one and one is none,

I carry 2 wing bones and a trumpet or a wingbone, trumpet and cane call