What states should be on a bucket list?

Started by turkeyhuntermag, May 29, 2022, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Iowa

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

joey46

After all the joking it was serious threads such as this from year's past that pretty much turned the Chadron Nebraska public land into an  overcrowded wasteland.   I enjoy posting and "bragging" on these forums as much as anyone but I think other than giving reports from my home state I'll limit any future out of state public land locations to "east/west of the Mississippi".  Probably gave away too much info this year but from a hunt that took three years plus of planning and a dozen or so PMs/phone calls to various multi forum members on my "safe to discuss" list.  The times they are a changing.     :deadhorse:

the Ward

Quote from: Mountainburd on May 29, 2022, 06:02:02 PM
Quote from: the Ward on May 29, 2022, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: Mountainburd on May 29, 2022, 03:33:02 PM
These wise guy posts are getting so old and not funny at all. If you have nothing meaningful to add to a thread, then stay off of it.

I would love to hunt New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. I'm not much of a destination hunter as I get much fulfillment hunting my home and some surrounding states.

To the OP. This site has turned into a mess as far as what is truth and what is not. The competition of the traveling turkey hunter combined with reduced population numbers is ruining the sport, and quite frankly this site.
Are you familiar with the terms,"cyberscouting" or "data mining"? Thus the humorous replies, if, indeed, this is what the O.P. is seeking. If  he is not, then no harm, no foul, we just had some giggles.
And to turkeyhuntermag,     :welcomeOG:

You clearly haven't read the rest of my posts. Seriously man? Of course I have. And again. I go back to what I said. Aside from the hunter seeking the highest population with the least amount of pressure, please tell me how stating what states you wish to hunt constitutes bait for cyber scouting? I repeat. I want to hunt New Hampshire and Vermont. How is me saying that giving any sacred information away? Please tell me.
I clearly did read it. And then I tried to explain to you the reason why some members were posting what they were posting. I was responding specifically to your post that i quoted. Maybe you should go back and re-read your own words, then read my response. Maybe it will make sense then. Also in  that post,you were also dumping on members and this site, and that isn't cool.
Thus my response. Lighten up and have a good day.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on May 29, 2022, 09:49:38 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 29, 2022, 09:29:32 PM
Chadron
You taking about a Chadron? You can get 4 tags for $107 right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to bend the law. One very popular YouTube got busted for having 2 tags but only paying for one. (Just printed the tag he paid for, twice)

Tail Feathers

Chadron

Closer to $107 per tag.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

GobbleNut

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 30, 2022, 09:42:21 AM
Chadron

If you want to bend the law. One very popular YouTube got busted for having 2 tags but only paying for one. (Just printed the tag he paid for, twice)

Just my opinion, but if this did indeed happen, these are the types of people that need to be called out by name on internet sites such as OG.  Hope the guy got hanged by the state,...and by his "followers"!   >:(

deerhunt1988

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 30, 2022, 09:55:29 AM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on May 30, 2022, 09:42:21 AM
Chadron

Just my opinion, but if this did indeed happen, these are the types of people that need to be called out by name on internet sites such as OG.  Hope the guy got hanged by the state,...and by his "followers"!   >:(

It happened. He has publicly commented on it with his excuse. There was a thread about it on this forum that magically disappeared. Most didn't even really to care. "We all make mistakes" was a common response from the fan boys.

Gooserbat

Arkansas.  If you can kill one there you can kill one anywhere.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Old Timer

Where did you get that gobbler? "In the woods"!

wchadw

I'd personally like to go to Mexico and Florida

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Mountainburd on May 29, 2022, 03:33:02 PM
These wise guy posts are getting so old and not funny at all. If you have nothing meaningful to add to a thread, then stay off of it.

Get 'em brother!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

joey46

I actually thought Guam was kinda cute. :z-guntootsmiley:

RutnNStrutn

Out west hunting Merriams have been my most memorable hunts. Those hard gobbling, nomadic Merriams are a blast to chase!! So far I've hunted them in Nebraska, SD, Wyoming and Idaho.
Tip of the hat to the mountains of Mexico for Goulds too!! That was an adventure as well!!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on May 29, 2022, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: Zobo on May 29, 2022, 04:35:21 PM
I think it's very funny. Humor IS meaningful, we need more of it in this world, not less. These are clearly jokes!
:icon_thumright:
Coming from the king of internet comedy!!!

turkeyhuntermag

Hi all, thanks for your responses. The thread didn't really go as intended. I just wanted to hear some good things about places some of you may have been to. I had/have no intentions of racing to someone's secret spot or plan to invade a particular state just because somebody said something good about it. I hunt in Georgia and Pennsylvania and am perfectly content to hunt the birds here. It's a shame when we've reached a point when people aren't open enough to even mention a "state" for fear that there may be some sort of competitive edge lost. After 38 years of chasing turkeys, I don't need the advice of needing "cyberscouting" or any of that. It was a post to mainly get people to respond to in hopes that others would jump in and give their reasons for a different place being their favorite. I don't mind a little ribbing or anything like that, but realize that this forum really isn't what I'd hoped it would be. Thanks.