Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What new toys do you want for next season?

Started by lunghit, May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 26, 2022, 08:59:25 AM
What I really need is a big, sturdy box to put all the turkey hunting crap I have accumulated over the years that I never use into!  ...Actually, it will probably take a few "big, sturdy boxes"...   ;D ::)
I bought 3 heavy duty totes with lids last fall.  Noticed I now have 6 total and no storage space for those! Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

A new pair of pants that are not covered in blood stains.

lunghit

Quote from: lunghit on May 22, 2022, 12:17:05 PM
What's on your equipment want list for next turkey season? I am going to buy a David Halloran ceramic pot call. Might check out the Mossberg Pro turkey if they make a 20 GA. What about you guys?

Well new gun on order. Now I'll need another FF3 and Meadow Creek mount. And more TSS. This hobby is draining my wallet lol. Still waiting on the Halloran ceramic to be in stock.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Tail Feathers

What did you order lunghit?  My Mossberg SA 20 came in yesterday and I really like the feel of it.  It is light and points real natural for me.  I really like the ghost ring sights on it but I'll put a red dot on it before spring gets here.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

lunghit

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 01, 2022, 10:39:48 PM
What did you order lunghit?  My Mossberg SA 20 came in yesterday and I really like the feel of it.  It is light and points real natural for me.  I really like the ghost ring sights on it but I'll put a red dot on it before spring gets here.
I ordered a Winchester SX4 20 gauge in all Bottom Land camo and 24" barrel. Already own two SX3's and this will be my second SX4. Not the lightest 20 ga out there but I just love these guns and they are extremely reliable and pattern well. Also soft shooting so I hope my 8 year old will enjoy them also one day. Congrats on the new gun. I always had excellent luck with my Mossbergs and I have been eyeing a 500 in 20 gauge.

lunghit

lacire

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 25, 2022, 11:14:06 PM
My season is over.  Still thinking turkey and just ordered a Mossberg SA 20 and a Carlson's choke for it. 
Now I'll be red dot shopping before next spring.
Anyone got a real light sling they like a lot and recommend?  I have some CLAW slings, looking for something lighter for a real lightweight rig.

After trying two different Claw slings and giving both away, I went back to using the Butler Creek neoprene sling. It feels better on my shoulder and it's lighter. YMMV.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tail Feathers

Quote from: lunghit on June 01, 2022, 11:18:02 PM
This is what I ordered
https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/exclusive/sx4-universal-hunter-mossy-oak-bottomland.html
I  have the SX3 version of it.  Sweet gun and the softest shooter I've handled.  Hard to beat them.
I wanted to try one that is lighter and shorter.

Lacire, thanks for the sling recommendation.  Just yesterday I bought an Allen ultralite High Country sling for it.  I have a neoprene Butler Creek on my deer rifle and it carries great but slips a bit.  But then, it's about 20 years old and some of the "sticky" may be worn off.  If I don't like this Allen, that is probably the next thing I'll be looking at.

lunghit

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 02, 2022, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: lunghit on June 01, 2022, 11:18:02 PM
This is what I ordered
https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/exclusive/sx4-universal-hunter-mossy-oak-bottomland.html
I  have the SX3 version of it.  Sweet gun and the softest shooter I've handled.  Hard to beat them.
I wanted to try one that is lighter and shorter.

Lacire, thanks for the sling recommendation.  Just yesterday I bought an Allen ultralite High Country sling for it.  I have a neoprene Butler Creek on my deer rifle and it carries great but slips a bit.  But then, it's about 20 years old and some of the "sticky" may be worn off.  If I don't like this Allen, that is probably the next thing I'll be looking at.
I wish they came with a 22" vent rib barrel and lost a pound but I love everything about the SX line and still my favorite auto. Even though it's drilled and tapped I am going with a Meadow Creek mount and another FF3. I have had great luck with this system on my other gun.

Tom007

Quote from: lacire on June 02, 2022, 09:07:33 AM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 25, 2022, 11:14:06 PM
My season is over.  Still thinking turkey and just ordered a Mossberg SA 20 and a Carlson's choke for it. 
Now I'll be red dot shopping before next spring.
Anyone got a real light sling they like a lot and recommend?  I have some CLAW slings, looking for something lighter for a real lightweight rig.

After trying two different Claw slings and giving both away, I went back to using the Butler Creek neoprene sling. It feels better on my shoulder and it's lighter. YMMV.

Take a look at Vero Vellini Slings. I have tried the all, these are by far the most comfortable for me. Made in Italy, do not slip and are not crazy priced. I have used one for 20 years, looks brand new. They make a slip on that works great too. Pictures are 2 of mine, a slip on, and the stud mount that over 20 years old. I have another one in camo that is wider on top. They offer wider if you want that style, they are both equally as comfortable.

Tail Feathers

I've seen those Vero Vellini slings for years but never had one in my hands.  I'll give them a look.

redleg06

I want about a dozen more Dogproof Coon Traps -  I've always found I kill more turkey when there's more turkey around to kill! 

https://www.animaltrapsandsupplies.com/products/duke-dp-coon-trap.html

lunghit

Quote from: redleg06 on June 03, 2022, 01:27:51 PM
I want about a dozen more Dogproof Coon Traps -  I've always found I kill more turkey when there's more turkey around to kill! 

https://www.animaltrapsandsupplies.com/products/duke-dp-coon-trap.html
I really should put a number of these out.

MO_HUNTER

Quote from: Hook hanger on May 31, 2022, 08:20:50 PM
A new pair of pants that are not covered in blood stains.

Humble brag!

I'm going to try and get the Decked system for my truck. I need storage. Oh... and a new truck to put it in.

Greg Massey

I'm waiting on UPS to deliver my new Glenda Green satchel with a few modifications .... Today ....