OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Near a highway

Started by Sir-diealot, May 19, 2022, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 19, 2022, 07:50:46 PM
Probably been a few shot from a highway.
I am sure.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: squidd on May 19, 2022, 08:35:44 PM
I'm planning on putting copper pots away next year and go back to slate. 

Have a hunch they are too noisy and harder to soften calling as easily as I can with a slate call.
Jake that I mentioned to Greg sure did like the softer stuff this morning, I was using a Jimmy Schaffer Teardrop and a Preacherman softbox or whatever he calls them and he liked those, he did not like copper or crystal at all though.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nyhunter on May 20, 2022, 06:10:26 AM
After years of hunting land right along I 86 in Steuben and Allegany county's I can tell you for sure that the bids can hear your calling at normal calling volume just fine.  On the other hand you may struggle to hear them at time. slow down set up and call like turkeys. Don't do a lot of walking and calling or you will bump birds.
Thanks bud, enjoy the insight and experience.I can't walk around much, I am having to walk in with cane this year, I hate it because it feels like a step back, but I am here.

John Koenig: